Author Topic: A6 minor bug - pixel-wide top row artifact in renders  (Read 2195 times)

2014-04-11, 18:55:42

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not a big deal but may be an issue especially with spherical rendering.

The topmost row of the image (only one pixel wide) is brighter than the rest of the image. Not sure when and why it happens but I see it in every render here.

2014-04-11, 19:05:20
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Can you post an example image? I dont see anything like this. But I had a problem with one column of pixels being too white after resizing an image in photoshop. The raw input image did not have this problem.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-04-11, 21:10:12
Reply #2

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry, no image right now. I was rendering against a map in screen mode set as background, so it's maybe happening only when you render with the background map being visible in the top area of the image.
Hope this helps.

2014-04-11, 23:23:54
Reply #3

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I had the exact same problem... but with mental ray :) Screen mode too... i was doing some CG integration into footage. So maybe it's more of a 3ds Max bug than Corona's...  but at the same time, i think it would be possible to fix from Corona's side :)

2014-06-22, 22:01:58
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
ok, looks like 3dsmax issue.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-06-22, 22:15:06
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Actually, upon closer inspection, this is caused by 3dsmax filtering. I can work around it, so now it should not happen for bitmaps with blur set to 1 or lower.