Author Topic: Is this workstation still decent? Anyone using one?  (Read 5226 times)

2019-03-27, 09:08:06
Reply #15

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Ok Fair enough, but that is not a good situation to be in.
Is the client being charged for the changes, if not, then the company need to set a standard form of contract or even an email, saying  2 changes and then charged per hour after the fact.
It's not good for you either, the stress will have a bad effect over time, and it's not your fault.

Seriously , your all being screwed when this happens, and it happens to us all.
get set up by all means , but you should not be paying for it, financially or stress wise.
Dell Precision T7910

2019-03-27, 14:57:08
Reply #16

Bobbysmith05

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok Fair enough, but that is not a good situation to be in.
Is the client being charged for the changes, if not, then the company need to set a standard form of contract or even an email, saying  2 changes and then charged per hour after the fact.
It's not good for you either, the stress will have a bad effect over time, and it's not your fault.

Seriously , your all being screwed when this happens, and it happens to us all.
get set up by all means , but you should not be paying for it, financially or stress wise.

True but the business isn't going to want to tell the client stuff they don't wanna hear they are the ones paying the bill at the end of the day  the client seems to of the opinion that they can keep swapping and changing things left right and centre with no problem they don't se m to realise there work and cost involved.

2019-03-28, 16:30:07
Reply #17

Bzuco

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • personal web page
How about this system I've just spotted is a better one than the dual x5650 it's about £30 more expensive?

HP Z600 Workstation 4 x Xeon X5672  3.20Ghz 12 GB RAM
Compare benchmark results here https://corona-renderer.com/benchmark/results   and you can search for additional CPU information (number of cores, max turbo multicore frequency) here http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Xeon/Intel-Xeon%20X5672%20-%20AT80614005922AA.html

2019-04-08, 16:47:00
Reply #18

Bobbysmith05

• Active Users
    • View Profile
*Update*

Finished the project and have more so I need to get a more powerful system. Is this a good one?

Dual (two) Intel Xeon X5680 3.7GHz Turbo Processors - with 12 physical / 24 logical cores.
Huge 96gb (ninety six gigabytes) Samsung RAM (12 x 8GB).

120GB SSD for Operating System (Windows 7 installed) + Two High Speed (15K) 300GB SAS Drives in raid 1 (duplicates and distributes data evenly to both SAS drives for ultimate file security).

Asus Strix ROG (Republic of Gamers) Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6gb (Factory Over Clocked) 'Windforce' triple fan Graphics Card complete as new

Seen on eaby my budget isn't huge as I only do 3d part time. I just need to increase my rendering capabilities.

Would one system like be better than buying 2 old hp z600-800 with Xeon E55s?