Author Topic: Chaos Corona 10 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 39331 times)

2022-11-30, 22:27:59
Reply #15

Vlad_the_rant

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Vladimir
    • View Profile

That behaviour didn't change, right now the volume effect is only compatible with the CoronaSky

Yeah, but any plans to change that? It really would be good. (just picture me saying it's something we need, in your next daily, Rowan ;) )
« Last Edit: 2022-11-30, 22:40:51 by Papuca3D »

2022-12-01, 09:00:26
Reply #16

philipbonum

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Another one where some clarification would be nice ;)
"User can now set how volume (volume material, sky volume effect and volume grid) interact with alpha channel. + Semi-transparent volumetric effects now also contribute to alpha channel for rays not hitting anything"

Does this mean we can get something similar to the Vray environment Fog effect / Aerial Fog effect while still being able to use an HDRI?

Right now we are loving the corona sky fog option, but it's very frustrating and limiting not being able to use it with an HDRI. This is probably the only thing I really miss from vray.
Hi,

That behaviour didn't change, right now the volume effect is only compatible with the CoronaSky.

Cheers,

Rowan

Are there any plans to make the clouds work with the volume effect? Seems a bit weird right now when two brand new options on the CoronaSky isn't compatible

2022-12-01, 13:41:26
Reply #17

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

Volume effect does indeed need some work, and we have these issues logged.. but I don't have any timescale for when we'll get to them. The info I have is that it is not simple at all to fix..

I'm sorry not to provide better news on this.

Thanks for understanding guys
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2022-12-06, 06:46:01
Reply #18

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've been getting significantly more crashes with IR running and the latest Corona 10 daily (11-25.)  Grabbed a dump and posted it with ticket #70823.  It will occur randomly but most predictably when I hit 'Stop' in the VFB when IR is running.

Thanks,
Daniel

EDIT:  Actually it seems that the crash results from having two copies of the same PhoenixFD fire in the same scene with IR running and me hitting 'Stop'.  And the crash occurs with Corona 9 stable, too.  Hopefully this post and my ticket are still relevant and solvable.
« Last Edit: 2022-12-06, 08:11:36 by danio1011 »

2022-12-06, 12:00:14
Reply #19

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Would be great if this release could FINALLY stop the IR window from resizing when you click it.

2022-12-06, 14:18:23
Reply #20

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Would be great if this release could FINALLY stop the IR window from resizing when you click it.

Hi,

Can you provide some more info here please? I don't 100% understand what you mean.

Usual reminder of what info we ask for when reporting a bug is here: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4649117083409-How-to-report-issues-3ds-Max-

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-12-06, 16:07:03
Reply #21

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi,

Can you provide some more info here please? I don't 100% understand what you mean.

Usual reminder of what info we ask for when reporting a bug is here: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4649117083409-How-to-report-issues-3ds-Max-

Thanks,

Rowan

Its been a popular request since VERSION 1.6 at least. It irritates many of us on a daily basis.

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=16765.0
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=27529.0
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=32579.0
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=19933.0
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=34079.msg188828#msg188828
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=16099.msg105696#msg105696

Requested many times, and logged in our super secret tracker.
(note to self: id=293674722)

this sure seems like a popular topic... ;)

I also posted about it in 2021

Quote from: Maru
Thanks for the reminder. It has been indeed requested many times and is logged in our internal tracker too.

(Report ID=CRMAX-843)
« Last Edit: 2022-12-06, 16:31:08 by Jpjapers »

2022-12-06, 16:17:28
Reply #22

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Right okay, thanks for the extra information. Now I understand.

We have this in our pool of features, but as per usual I can't give a timeframe on when this will happen. I'd say it is unlikely it will make it to v10.

Sorry for not being able to provide better news.

Thanks
Send me your scene!

2022-12-06, 16:23:06
Reply #23

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Right okay, thanks for the extra information. Now I understand.

We have this in our pool of features, but as per usual I can't give a timeframe on when this will happen. I'd say it is unlikely it will make it to v10.

Sorry for not being able to provide better news.

Thanks

I find it quite insane that its been six years and 9 (soon to be 10) versions and it still has never been considered for a release or made its way onto the trello.
Its a bit of a joke quite frankly. The issue gets in the way multiple times every single day.

Its the only part of Corona i feel to be a constant barrier to smooth working practices and for whatever reason nobody seems to want to actually do something to remedy the problem.
« Last Edit: 2022-12-06, 16:38:11 by Jpjapers »

2022-12-06, 23:05:53
Reply #24

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Another goodie to add (which i assume would be relatively easy) - is the ability to flip the image in the VFB - i often find myself doing it in photoshop just to freshen the eyes.

2022-12-07, 12:52:50
Reply #25

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey,

These are things we'd like to add when we re-write the VFB.

They may seem like quite simple things to add, but in the current VFB framework it is quite complicated and time consuming to do. So it makes more sense to tackle it as part of a wider re-write.

Keep an eye on the trello and hopefully we'll have some movement on it :)

Thanks,

Rowan

Send me your scene!

2022-12-07, 17:32:02
Reply #26

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey,

These are things we'd like to add when we re-write the VFB.

They may seem like quite simple things to add, but in the current VFB framework it is quite complicated and time consuming to do. So it makes more sense to tackle it as part of a wider re-write.

Keep an eye on the trello and hopefully we'll have some movement on it :)

Thanks,

Rowan

Surely theres a property than can be exposed to enable/disable the IR window maximise-on-click feature and only allow the window to be resized by the handles? It doesn't happen with any other window in max or corona so it must be a feature thats purposefully been implemented by yourselves.

2022-12-07, 18:03:41
Reply #27

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You mean on double-click, right? As I've never seen the VFB maximize on a single click (other than a single click on the Maximize Window icon of course).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-12-07, 18:12:22
Reply #28

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Then you're lucky. Happens a lot here.

2022-12-07, 19:05:02
Reply #29

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
You mean on double-click, right? As I've never seen the VFB maximize on a single click (other than a single click on the Maximize Window icon of course).

Never happened to me either.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures