Author Topic: Scale Sky Object  (Read 5708 times)

2017-06-03, 13:39:06

kmwhitt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is it possible somehow to scale the sky object or the HDRi I'd like to apply to it?

2017-06-05, 11:25:42
Reply #1

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Of course, see the attachment :-)

Note that this is standard C4D way. And also note that frontal mapping does not work yet.

2017-06-05, 11:48:20
Reply #2

kmwhitt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
As far as I can tell, this only make the HDRi tile/repeat.  Let's say I have an interior shot where I want to see the HDRi in the background through a window.  Were I to use a simple sphere with the HDRi applied spherically, I could reduce the size of that sphere and I would see more of my HDRi in that window (without tiling the image).  What I am wanting to do is scale the actual sky object so that my background image is at a more reasonable size.

2017-06-05, 12:16:48
Reply #3

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
In that case I usually use a plane with the texture properly mapped on it and only make it visible to camera (so that no lighting rays get obstructed) with the Corona Compositing tag. :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-06-05, 13:41:22
Reply #4

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
As far as I can tell, this only make the HDRi tile/repeat.  Let's say I have an interior shot where I want to see the HDRi in the background through a window.  Were I to use a simple sphere with the HDRi applied spherically, I could reduce the size of that sphere and I would see more of my HDRi in that window (without tiling the image).  What I am wanting to do is scale the actual sky object so that my background image is at a more reasonable size.

Actually, the sky object is always centered around the camera, so you cannot scale it. But yeah, you can use a normal sphere or plane object and map the hdri to it.

2017-06-05, 13:59:37
Reply #5

kmwhitt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
nkilar - thanks for your input.  Yes, I have been using a backplate in the meantime, but was hoping there is a way to use a 360° image.

houska - I didn't realize a scaled sphere would have the same effect.  Thanks for the clearing that up.  Is there any hit to performance with the sphere over the sky object?