11 (1.9%)
Exporter Blender -> Corona standalone
112 (19.2%)
Maya
67 (11.5%)
Houdini
78 (13.4%)

Total Members Voted: 578

Author Topic: Which 3D soft to integrate into next?  (Read 305087 times)

2017-04-06, 14:33:57
Reply #240

Matt-Design

• Users
    • View Profile
With the acquisition of Arnold by Autodesk to make their own rendering engine on 3DSMax and prices that rise on C4D updates, Corona is the best rendering engine that would be a serious alternative to the competition Being on MODO.
MODO + Corona would be strategically a cheaper alternative than 3DSMax and C4D, so, Corona has all its place on MODO. Indeed, Foundry has been growing in power in recent years with MODO which is the best 3D modeler in the world and increasingly used. It just lacks a realistic (one) biased engine and Corona is obviously the solution! It is according to the forums and the vote a very strong need of Corona for the users and future user of MODO.

Today to make beautiful rendering we are obliged to model on MODO and pay 3DSMax to simply make renderings! Corona for MODO is the biggest wait. Please integrate us Corona, we want it more than anything. Thank you..

2017-04-09, 22:05:12
Reply #241

zbynekkrulich

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I would like to see corona in Houdini but it has to be fully integrated and faster than Mantra PBR or Arnold.
Now there is a lack for good GPU renderer in Houdini as Octane integration is questionable and Redshift is very biased (subjectively the image isn't good enough).
Your Lightmix is very powerful and it will be great advance. If you like the idea of Corona for VFX then Houdini is a good option. Many users are shifting to houdini these days...

Ondro, what do you think?

2017-04-09, 22:10:14
Reply #242

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Hi, I would like to see corona in Houdini but it has to be fully integrated and faster than Mantra PBR or Arnold.
Now there is a lack for good GPU renderer in Houdini as Octane integration is questionable and Redshift is very biased (subjectively the image isn't good enough).
Your Lightmix is very powerful and it will be great advance. If you like the idea of Corona for VFX then Houdini is a good option. Many users are shifting to houdini these days...

Ondro, what do you think?
You do know that Corona is CPU only, right? ;)

I actually installed Houdini over the weekend to see what the buzz is about, and was quite surprised how programmer-oriented the software is. I guess it would make sense to do integration only after we have working volumetric rendering solution though.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-04-09, 22:50:17
Reply #243

zbynekkrulich

• Users
    • View Profile
I know but you should never say never :))) Anyway, I meant there is no super cool option in GPU, so there is a chance in CPU
and yes, volumetrics, particles, all the stuff is a must.
btw I am not a programmer but I enjoy the logic behind creating all the things in houdini, as well as I think it is a good bridge between "brush and code" :)

2017-04-11, 02:39:11
Reply #244

d-3

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Houdini! Why? it will force Corona to look more to VFX then Archviz! :)
I use 3ds max for 18+ years and learning Houdini! if i change my main software one day it will be Houdini! so pls! it´s time to step a little further in corona development goals LOL!!

2017-04-12, 16:40:41
Reply #245

Matt-Design

• Users
    • View Profile
Unfortunately Adam of Mechanical Color told me that it would be to the developers of Corona to make the bridge between Corona and MODO. I hope this plugin can be released soon, this is our biggest wish.

2017-04-12, 17:38:34
Reply #246

Niko3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
With the acquisition of Arnold by Autodesk to make their own rendering engine on 3DSMax and prices that rise on C4D updates, Corona is the best rendering engine that would be a serious alternative to the competition Being on MODO.
MODO + Corona would be strategically a cheaper alternative than 3DSMax and C4D, so, Corona has all its place on MODO. Indeed, Foundry has been growing in power in recent years with MODO which is the best 3D modeler in the world and increasingly used. It just lacks a realistic (one) biased engine and Corona is obviously the solution! It is according to the forums and the vote a very strong need of Corona for the users and future user of MODO.

Today to make beautiful rendering we are obliged to model on MODO and pay 3DSMax to simply make renderings! Corona for MODO is the biggest wait. Please integrate us Corona, we want it more than anything. Thank you..

I can say the same words for Lightwave.

2017-04-16, 13:40:26
Reply #247

Ehabhd

• Active Users
  • Life is a good journey
    • View Profile
ARCHICAD
EHABHD Corona Renderer user ARCHICAD,CINEMA4D

2017-04-16, 14:15:07
Reply #248

mazer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Houdini! Why? it will force Corona to look more to VFX then Archviz! :)
I use 3ds max for 18+ years and learning Houdini! if i change my main software one day it will be Houdini! so pls! it´s time to step a little further in corona development goals LOL!!

interesting you say this, i myself do archviz and looking and use 3dsmax. I have been keeping an open mind lately and had a look Cinema 4D  + HB MODELLINGBUNDLE 2.1 for Cinema 4D - Helloluxx as an alternative - which is similar to max's modelling tools. Houdini interests me greatly but as mentioned above - is quote programmer orientated. Rhino + Grasshopper seem like an amazing combination for archviz. I was amazed to see blender + archimesh (not to mention floor generator plugins, roof tiles etc -
index=2&list=PLQAfj95MdhTJ7zifNb5ab-n-TI0GmKwWQ&t=228s).

At this point Im leaning on the fence - but i think id love to see corona on blender!  :D

2017-05-20, 13:07:13
Reply #249

Buzzz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Rhino, pleaseeee!!!

2017-05-23, 14:03:48
Reply #250

baritskiy

• Users
    • View Profile
I want to see best render in best 3d modelling software. So I vote for Corona for MODO

2017-06-02, 15:00:08
Reply #251

haffy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Modo with some Corona scatter feature, as Modos is soooooo slow. And would love to be able to scatter different groups of objects on different maps (JPGs).
Would buy it today in any form of alpha, octane eats up my GPU and have to buy a new one...

2017-06-02, 15:16:16
Reply #252

nauticus25

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Revit integration would speed up my workflow quite a bit.  There are a lot of times where the architects want a "better than Revit" render, but don't have time for the full blown 3ds Max treatment.  Being able to leverage Corona in Revit would eliminate the import/cleanup/conversion steps.
i9-12900K @ 3.2GHz, 64GB RAM, 3090ti
Max 2024, Corona 10

2017-06-05, 12:03:07
Reply #253

MatEvil

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.art2upz.com
hi there,

any news or possible for Corona on Houdini? :)

thank you
Mat
CG Artist specialize @ Fluid and Dynamic
www.art2upz.com

2017-08-28, 18:40:13
Reply #254

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
Any plans on further software integration with the new resources? Rhino, Revit, etc...