Author Topic: Transient Rendering Mode  (Read 1559 times)

2018-06-24, 18:52:27

YasirBro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
    I am looking for a transient renderer, But i cannot find one. Is it Possible that you guys add an experimental mode of transient rendering in which i can render animations of light in flight since it`s very difficult and time consuming to do it with particles and most of the time not accurate. I think this is the best place where my request will be answered as the source codes of transient rendering are easily available and it`s the most accurate method of light simulation at the same time since it assumes finite light transport and it can simulate many effects which are not possible with current solution. I have read that path tracer or bidirectional path tracer can be easily modified to support time resolved rendering , but i am just an artist who want to see light in flight and you guys are developers so please can you consider my request ?
   here is the link of research papers : https://cs.dartmouth.edu/~wjarosz/publications/jarabo14framework.html

2018-06-28, 11:47:06
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I am afraid this is out of scope for Corona Renderer, but it would be best to wait for a final and more comprehensive answer from our developers.
Can you explain for what kind of works would you need such a feature? It seems to target an extremely narrow group of users.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-06-30, 18:59:32
Reply #2

YasirBro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
    Sorry for late reply i thought i will not get any replies on this one, but here`s what i need it for is to study light propagation across different mediums one of this is to study Photoluminescence and some others is to study how light propagates in a normal room and also to study different wavelength behaviours such as ultra violet light ray absorption and emission these are and there are many things i want to use this sort of light simulation for and there is another thing which i noticed is that when i composited these time of flight images they give much more realistic and natural looking light even though they are just demos.
   I hope this helps.
« Last Edit: 2018-06-30, 19:06:21 by YasirBro »

2018-07-02, 15:39:47
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
yes, this is heavily out of scope of a commercial renderer, sorry.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)