Author Topic: [ARCHIVE] Pre-1.0 Daily builds  (Read 156914 times)

2015-01-12, 17:17:23
Reply #675

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, i have no time to test Corona lately at all. Fired max today just to see new changes, and must say i fell in love with new Render Settings UI. The only gripe is that by default it starts with About/License tab opened. I think it'd be more sensible to have Main tab opened by default.
Any reason why HDcache (legacy) is the default secondary GI when installing/opening max?  shouldn't it be UHDcache these days?

That is probably because your older scenes were using this config. New scenes should have better defaults. I forced reset of config files in new build (will be done today/tomorrow) just to be sure.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-01-12, 17:30:00
Reply #676

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
When I did a reset in my old scenes the default indirect mode was HD Cache anyways, not UHD, 10/1/15 build.

Cheers

2015-01-12, 17:40:43
Reply #677

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
what exactly is not working? I see the "enable dof" checkbox might be bugged, but otherwise it seems to work. Are you using build from 10. 1.? There was a bug with some controls not being plugged in in the 9.1.

Oops, didn't see that the new build is up, i was using 9. 1. Everything works in 10. 1.

2015-01-12, 21:41:02
Reply #678

davius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A tiny (wee bit) complain I have with corona is:

When you assign a map to a CoronaMtl slot using the SetProperty command, that slot does NOT get activated by default. Not comparing, but the only render engine (that I know of) which defaults to all maps slots being disabled is scanline, and even scanline gets auto-on once you add a map to a slot using the said command above.

Not a MAJOR complain, not a dealbreaker also. As I see, Corona is getting so mature that I'm picking on the small stuff lately :P

Cheers

2015-01-12, 21:42:52
Reply #679

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
ok, can you create bug report for it?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-01-12, 21:44:10
Reply #680

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I think behaviour of "Add CoronaSky enviroment" button in CoronaSun is a little bit confusing. When clicked for a first time it changes colour and says "Enviroment map added", but if one deslelects and selects Sun object again, that button suggest to add enviro map again. I'd propose that after adding CoronaSky, that button would change its label to "Remove CoronaSky".
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-01-12, 23:16:06
Reply #681

davius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sure thing Ondra! Where do I report? Make a new thread here on the Dailies or through another place?

Cheers

2015-01-12, 23:21:34
Reply #682

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
bug reporting forum section, or mantis. I am not fixing bugs from anywhere else.

2015-01-12, 23:29:43
Reply #683

davius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, Mantis it is. Not a BUG per se, more of a tweak. :)

And here's the Mantis number for it 0000694

2015-01-13, 09:29:41
Reply #684

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
I think behaviour of "Add CoronaSky enviroment" button in CoronaSun is a little bit confusing. When clicked for a first time it changes colour and says "Enviroment map added", but if one deslelects and selects Sun object again, that button suggest to add enviro map again. I'd propose that after adding CoronaSky, that button would change its label to "Remove CoronaSky".

+1

Edit: why add env map in Max env and not in Corona env? Actually, I expect to find the map in corona env...
My Ducati or a render with Corona.....mmm, hard question!

2015-01-13, 09:55:24
Reply #685

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Edit: why add env map in Max env and not in Corona env? Actually, I expect to find the map in corona env...
Actually, it's a smart system - it checks what enviroment is active, max's or Corona's and adds Skymap to that enviroment.

BTW, i wanted to ask if "Start Interactive" button will find its way into VFB eventually? It'd be much more convenient to fire up IR from FVB itself rather than from Render Settings window.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-01-13, 10:28:42
Reply #686

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile

+1

I think it's a bit more complex than that, it shoudl detect if you have an environment map, being sky or not, ask you if you want to replace it and let you select if you want it as Corona environment or max environment, in my case I use both, this way I can rapidly test different environments or lightings.

Cheers!

2015-01-13, 10:52:43
Reply #687

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
Actually, it's a smart system - it checks what enviroment is active, max's or Corona's and adds Skymap to that enviroment.

Maybe it should be easier to find all render parameters in the same place, I mean in corona render setup.

BTW, i wanted to ask if "Start Interactive" button will find its way into VFB eventually? It'd be much more convenient to fire up IR from FVB itself rather than from Render Settings window.

I've asked it a lot of time, I think Ondra forgot this! ;)
My Ducati or a render with Corona.....mmm, hard question!

2015-01-13, 13:04:45
Reply #688

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Has something changed with the noise pattern? It seems like the noise is smaller and takes longer to disappear than before? Perhaps it´s something wrong me my current scene :)

2015-01-13, 13:07:47
Reply #689

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Am I correct that , with the latest build, normal maps should be loaded with gamma 1.0 and not with 2.2 anymore (like in all builds before)? So the default behavior in Corona is now similar to how the other renderers do it?
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.