Author Topic: Corona Material/Lights Converter (legacy)  (Read 1088503 times)

2015-12-08, 13:07:09
Reply #810

asdecret

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I imported the mesh in a new scene.
I recreated a vrmesh and tried the conversion via 1.23 and still no recreation of a corona proxy.
As usual the mat conversion went fine and the message message from the listener
Conversion done.
Skipped [contains 0 faces]: C:\Users\AD CONCEPT\Desktop\deadclown\AM124_129_v3.vrmesh

Prior to the conversion i made sure the path to the vrmesh is in the asset tracking and in the modifier tab.
On the other hand the old vrayproxy to corona proxy i mentioned before created a corona proxy just fine, as well as the corona proxy exporter 0.04 created a cgeo proxy.

Ultimately i can still use the original vrayproxy to corona proxy script and not select the conversion when i launch the 1.23 script.
I a including a max file with the original mesh and the vray proxy it created and its vrmesh.
Thanks again i must say your support in general through this forum is excellent and yours in particular.  It made my transition from vray to corona really smooth and well worth it
alex

2015-12-08, 13:08:40
Reply #811

asdecret

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i forgot sorry i have vray 3.00.03 installed

2015-12-08, 14:42:43
Reply #812

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I a including a max file with the original mesh and the vray proxy it created and its vrmesh.
Hm, also running fine here =/ Sorry, seems I cannot reproduce it. Maybe someone else will come up with another bug report and it helps sorting things out. I will make a note to implement more error checks and better log output for the next version, with a little luck we will be able to find out more then.

Thanks again i must say your support in general through this forum is excellent and yours in particular.  It made my transition from vray to corona really smooth and well worth it
Glad you like the support here :)
Usually developers are always happy when people report bugs, it helps making the stuff better ;)

i forgot sorry i have vray 3.00.03 installed
Quite unlikely but it could be possible that this version is returning 0 faces with the polygon counting function I use. I'm using the latest version of Vray here, so if you want to you could try it with a more recent vray version.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2015-12-08, 15:28:04
Reply #813

asdecret

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thanks anyway for all your time. it is very appreciated
Although i have no clue of the mechanism behind a script, i am not sure why the latest script does not work while another produces the proxy and ultimately works for 99% of the people... but that is always the case in these things.
That being said there are not the same scripts to begin with so as they function differently maybe some aspects of the count itself.
One last question will corona still recognize cproxy in the future vs cgeo proxies or is there a way to convert one to the other?
Thanks again
alex

2015-12-08, 18:21:45
Reply #814

asdecret

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i found this
Preview type - The method of producing a preview mesh from the original geometry. Previous versions of V-Ray always used "face skipping"

on this page
http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VRAY3/VRayProxy

maybe this could be the answer to the problem like you said

2015-12-09, 10:42:28
Reply #815

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
One last question will corona still recognize cproxy in the future vs cgeo proxies or is there a way to convert one to the other?
I would guess so, but I don't know. There is however a batch conversion function in the CoronaProxy object which converts old proxies to new ones (as far as I know).

i found this
Preview type - The method of producing a preview mesh from the original geometry. Previous versions of V-Ray always used "face skipping"
Yes, I'm basically setting the VrayProxy to "show whole mesh", make a snapshot of it and export it as CoronaProxy

2015-12-09, 10:43:09
Reply #816

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
New version with some important fixes

Get it here: http://www.racoon-artworks.de/CoronaConverter/CoronaConverter.html

changelog:
v1.24 - [2015/12/09]
  • added check for invalid Vray refraction glossiness values
  • fixed glossiness map conversion in VRayCarPaintMtl, VRayFastSSS2
  • added better proxy converter error log (maxscript listener)
  • fixed proxy converter crash with missing vrmesh files

2015-12-09, 17:45:06
Reply #817

quizzy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
any plans to make it work on iRay materials?? Would be great!!

2015-12-09, 18:34:47
Reply #818

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I didn't know iRay has dedicated Materials O_o Can you give me hint what these are, how to activate them or where I can find these?

2015-12-10, 09:53:22
Reply #819

asdecret

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello

Thanks for the new version of the script but unfortunately the same result for me.
Also i found the batch convert but it converts according to the help mention of the button to cproxy and cgeo...

Anyways i am starting to think that my problem might be elsewhere but i don't know.

I do not have the latest version of vray to try this.
Do you have an earlier version of the vrayproxy to corona proxy only and not bundled with the converter which i could use.  Maybe a version written around or slightly before vray 3.00.03

Thanhs and have a nice day

alex

2015-12-11, 10:21:10
Reply #820

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Do you have an earlier version of the vrayproxy to corona proxy only and not bundled with the converter which i could use.  Maybe a version written around or slightly before vray 3.00.03
Sorry, no. This is basically my first implementation. The proxy converter before was made by another guy but he stopped supporting it and hence I made a new one which also supports animations and so on.

Thanks for the new version of the script but unfortunately the same result for me.
Hm, this means that the polygon counting function seems to be the problem. Unfortunately I don't see a way how to change anything about it until a new major Corona release is out and the proxy export crash bug is fixed in the non-daily build version. Then I can discard this check and it should work fine with all Vray versions.

2015-12-14, 09:09:59
Reply #821

quizzy

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2015-12-14, 09:21:17
Reply #822

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Hey,
is there a function I can call, so it would import all maps as CoronaBitmaps, that are linked to the bump channel and automatically passthrough the CoronaNormal Texture to the Bump slot?
How hard would it be to script myself?

(I have like 300 X-refs, that need converting. I understand, that I can batch execute the script, but all my Normal Materials need to pass through the CoronaNormal map, have add gamma to input applied and strength set to -1)
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2015-12-14, 10:12:50
Reply #823

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
iray material can be found here:

http://blog.irayrender.com/post/83815598089/iray-material-plugin-updated-for-3dsmax-2015

implementation is very basic...
Ok, I'll have a look into it, but I understand it correctly that there is no (older) version pre-installed with max?

is there a function I can call, so it would import all maps as CoronaBitmaps, that are linked to the bump channel and automatically passthrough the CoronaNormal Texture to the Bump slot?
How hard would it be to script myself?
Depends on your scripting skills ;) But all in all it's doable. It's not possible to do it with the script itself so you'd have to take out the coronaBitmap conversion function and make a new script which calls it, plus your changes of course. I haven't really understood what you want to do exactly (the pass through and normal maps stuff).
The hardest thing of all of this is probably to write the script in a way that it iterates through all material slots and goes deeper into the submaps. The converter script works the exact opposite way, it doesn't care which slot the map is in, it just searches for the map classes and translates them.

2016-01-01, 01:23:39
Reply #824

PFD

• Active Users
  • Reconciling with CPU rendering
    • View Profile
any plans to make it work on iRay materials?? Would be great!!

What a coincidence I was searching on this thread if anybody had explored the iray Material functionality for this script. When I saw that nobody had done it I decided to make my own.

Please test it and tell me what you think.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0u9ow4j47q1amjs/AACNL_ndj2Qrg7oA0syyaubWa?dl=0

I didn't know iRay has dedicated Materials O_o Can you give me hint what these are, how to activate them or where I can find these?

Yep. It does. I am an avid Iray user so I know the plug in very well and added that functionality to your script.

I still have an unsolved problem as a noob code writer: I can´t invert the output value on the "Reflection Glossiness" and "Refraction Glossiness" maps.

Iray Material doesn´t use a "Glossiness" Multiplier but rather a "Roughness" Multiplierso I have to have that function when translating Iray to Corona.

Cheers and Happy New Year!

//PFD