Author Topic: Watermark In VFB  (Read 5749 times)

2018-12-06, 17:42:28

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure about anyone else but it would be useful to be able to apply a watermark over renders from the VFB.
Much more of a 'nice to have' than a pressing feature request.

2018-12-07, 11:46:03
Reply #1

Charlie Nicols

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It would be nice....... but......I can just imagine now the amount of full final res renders that get destroyed because some artist has left that checkbox on again....

2018-12-07, 17:05:13
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I would be against this, because of what Charlie said, and also it would be too much "Photoshop in VFB" style. ;)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-12-07, 17:17:12
Reply #3

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
We had this one, just for reference:

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=16574.0

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2018-12-09, 00:19:01
Reply #4

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It would be nice....... but......I can just imagine now the amount of full final res renders that get destroyed because some artist has left that checkbox on again....

Realistically it would be in the VFB as an option not in the render settings or as a global setting similar to the way a LUT is applied. Youd have to be blind and looking in the opposite direction to accidentally leave a watermark on the render youre watching happen.

It Would certainly streamline the process of getting renders to clients if all we had to do was check a box and be able to have custom image overlays on the render.
Would remove the need for photoshop in a hell of alot of cases even if it is just to add the watermark.

2018-12-10, 09:07:05
Reply #5

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
I'd use this for sure.

If it was non-destructive, of course it'd be less risky to use. Perhaps if it had a tick box in the "save as..." dialogue that needed ticking for the png/jpg to have the watermark embedded, then I think it could be an even safer feature to have and use.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2018-12-10, 09:36:35
Reply #6

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
"Save as" would break automating things. It's about the one click solution: You send your scenes to Backburner or alike and just pick the result from the output directory. As soon as I have to do something manually it's not feasible any more.

It could be a render element like others (render stamp/B&G), then in C_Shading_Beauty

[ ] Apply Bloom
[ ] Apply Glare
[ ] Apply Overlay

But

- Additional VFB memory
- Insane sanity checks :)
- CIE has do be adapted
- Additional external file to be tracked/handled

I'm almost sure this is not worth it when I look at all the other issues to be solved. And a pass like this would be an alien amongst the others with a complete new coding approach.

So any scripting support from Corona side would be enough maybe.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2018-12-10, 10:42:30
Reply #7

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
"Save as" would break automating things. It's about the one click solution: You send your scenes to Backburner or alike and just pick the result from the output directory. As soon as I have to do something manually it's not feasible any more.

It could be a render element like others (render stamp/B&G), then in C_Shading_Beauty

[ ] Apply Bloom
[ ] Apply Glare
[ ] Apply Overlay

But

- Additional VFB memory
- Insane sanity checks :)
- CIE has do be adapted
- Additional external file to be tracked/handled

I'm almost sure this is not worth it when I look at all the other issues to be solved. And a pass like this would be an alien amongst the others with a complete new coding approach.

So any scripting support from Corona side would be enough maybe.

Good Luck

I certainly think being able to apply the watermark within the VFB somehow would save time. Scripting access to the VFB Would be interesting for sure!

2018-12-12, 01:25:56
Reply #8

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 for the ability to apply a watermark/logo to the render straight out of VFB. If we can do all other post processing needed in VFB (for a preview at least), then why not this?

2018-12-17, 17:02:21
Reply #9

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 for the ability to apply a watermark/logo to the render straight out of VFB. If we can do all other post processing needed in VFB (for a preview at least), then why not this?

Agreed, The worry of an artist leaving it on is complete nonsense because it could happen just as easily with a lut or the current frame information banner setting or with any lightmix layers.
Get more vigilant artists if thats the case haha.

2019-07-26, 13:52:36
Reply #10

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Logged basic version of this "logo overlay" in our internal tracker (I am now hiding away to avoid the wrath of the gods).
(internal id=378932518)

Moving this to resolved as a duplicate of another thread, which is currently active. (https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=25561.0)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us