Author Topic: Prices for 3d works?  (Read 24381 times)

2015-06-12, 16:24:00
Reply #15

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
Lowest I charge for an image/render with modeling, lighting, texturing & post-production is $500 (American).

If someone were providing me a 3D model where all I had to do was lighting, texturing and post, I'd probably start my rate at $350/image, depending on the size of the project.

For $50, I'd laugh in the client's face and walk away.

2015-06-12, 18:31:52
Reply #16

AnubisMe

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The average 3D artist in Canada makes 47K excluding bonus ect, and becomes about 63k with several years exp. If you want to make 940 images a year at $50 go ahead. Where do you work from? India?

2015-06-15, 04:38:01
Reply #17

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
I never join in the high-end visualization market and my work still lower than 500$ standard, but for 50$ I think I'm in the same way with Steyin :)

but for you all guys, in architecture / interior, I'd like to know about some another standard of your work that usually asked or acceptable by the client? i think it will take effect to how your work's value.
i mean its like; resolution & ppi, image filetype, cad included (construction, shop drawing), work timing, softcopy & hardcopy, etc.

2015-06-15, 19:09:50
Reply #18

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
I never join in the high-end visualization market and my work still lower than 500$ standard, but for 50$ I think I'm in the same way with Steyin :)

but for you all guys, in architecture / interior, I'd like to know about some another standard of your work that usually asked or acceptable by the client? i think it will take effect to how your work's value.
i mean its like; resolution & ppi, image filetype, cad included (construction, shop drawing), work timing, softcopy & hardcopy, etc.

The only thing that really affects my pricing is the time schedule, size of the project and level of design. If its a small project and the client wants realistic looking renders, then as I mentioned my base is $500. If the renders are to be more conceptual, therefore requiring less time on materials and/or modeling (if its more of a massing than detailed architecture), then I charge less. If its a large project that requires more time for modeling and texturing than I charge more.

Only a few variables I concern pricing over really. I also charge a rush fee if the client all of a sudden needs the images at a quicker date.

2015-06-17, 18:08:55
Reply #19

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
OP where do you live and what software do you use?

2015-11-30, 09:56:30
Reply #20

Michael Arch-Viz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi guys.
this project I did for Russia, and I'm wondering how much would cost in Europe? model of house was in archicad, so i remodeled in max
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,10434.0.html

2015-12-02, 11:14:48
Reply #21

tomislavn

• Active Users
  • Lightbringer
    • View Profile
    • My 3docean Portolio
Depends on the client and on the company that is doing it - but as a freelancer I guess it would be around 1.5k € here in Croatia. Not sure about other countries, most likely even more.

EDIT: This was for the whole project, not per image.
My 3d stock portfolio - http://3docean.net/user/tomislavn

2015-12-08, 11:12:28
Reply #22

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
I would agree with that price.
Break it down, on average daily rates .for example.........
Some clients get charged more, some get charged less.

Even if you are given the model.
Modeling from scratch                         2 days............€500
Textures and lighting                          1 day.............€250
Rendering and PP                               1 day.............€250
Comments and finished items issued....1 day ............€250
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Total                                                5 days ......... €1,250

Add overheads  eg software subscriptions , max corona, ps all add up ...........a % of the over all costs.
and your living expenses............another percentage.

So can I say , as mentioned before.....ask for as much as you think you can get, your not being greedy, you work is good enough, and from the images posted, there is not way the Revit or archicad models give the correct individual items like the american style fridge, and presses.
You have worked hard and long to get were you are, now charge for it , it's your career, be proud of it and make sure they know your proud of what you do.

Dell Precision T7910

2016-01-27, 15:21:16
Reply #23

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
and ... for example. If you need to build a big work with a lot of diferent stuff. A big building with 10 diferent topology rooms, gym, cafe-bars ... and all of this has 10.000m²

1- Its posible to put the price for square meters?
2- Whats the common price?

Thanks

2016-01-27, 15:27:29
Reply #24

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

1- Its posible to put the price for square meters?

No, because that is just as absurd as pricing out for amount of pixels. Content is important.

What matters is, what you are going to show, and how long it will take you to create what you will need to show.

Big building with 10 different rooms ?

That's 11 scenes maybe, one big exterior, 10 different interiors.    1x E + 10x I = Some kind of sum.
Those 11 scenes can maybe become 25 pictures ? 5 exteriors, and 20 interiors, but with lot of repeated elements (it's still just 11 scenes). So maybe 5x (fraction of E) + 20x (fraction of I) = Another kind of sum.

etc,etc..

Pricing needs to be logical for both you and your client. It needs to instantly appear rational to be accepted.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-01-28, 22:09:44
Reply #25

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
One must first understand what work belongs into visualizers/illustrators domain. No architecture, no design, no planning, no color studies, lighting plans... all this is extra work for an illustrator which should be extra paid (and should only be done if an illustrator is also architectural or in any other way skilled professional for this kind of work).

I too agree... around 250€ is a common price for a quality work in a day (9h including lunch).

2016-04-22, 20:39:24
Reply #26

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
50$ for this one ? Are you kidding me ?

Are you doing this for living or for spreading peace n love on clients ?

2016-04-22, 21:20:18
Reply #27

BardhylM

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance
Greetings,

This topic seems complex always because of the reasons mentioned from other users here (time,scale,level of detail...)
but also as a result of difference in standards of different countries. That reasons the 50$ question because it's a standard on some countries,
whereas in most of the Europe and North America it is considered a joke.
In a survey that i read in 2014 i think, it came out that only 10% worked for less than 600 € (around 670$) for a view/render.
I hope that helps a little.

2016-04-23, 06:38:57
Reply #28

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
This topic seems complex always because of the reasons mentioned from other users here (time,scale,level of detail...)
but also as a result of difference in standards of different countries. That reasons the 50$ question because it's a standard on some countries,
I have no any idea which country has that $50 standard, but in my country for very low resolution and conceptual quality I think it is reasonable price for 1 image not 3.
and its already explained that the job is for Canada.
Its the prize for all work. The client sent the 3ds, maybe made in archicad or revit, and you need to do all the rest.

Ah, and the work its for Canada ...

2016-04-23, 12:05:45
Reply #29

BardhylM

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance
Yeah i know it's for Canada, I only pointed that because OP wasn't from Canada he didn't know what the standard's were there.
And the 50$ fee was really low but that's why he asked in first place i guess.
As for which country has such low standards I don't know precisely, but we have a general idea. After all my country has some low standards too.
Have a great day.