Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 244901 times)

2016-04-10, 19:49:26
Reply #1170

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile

2016-04-11, 00:31:13
Reply #1171

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

Multiple regions for render is really great thing! Thanks!
But trying the build from 2016-04-10 noticed that Corona renders region chosen from Corona's VFB slower than if the same region chosen from native VFB (actually it was the same with earlier builds with region render in Corona's VFB). Bad thing that now after using region render chosen from native VFB or VFB+ Corona doesn't update native VFB/VFB+ at all. It doesn't matter was the region render in Corona's VFB active at the same time or not.

3DS Max 2014

2016-04-11, 02:05:21
Reply #1172

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In last Daily Build DeNoising with DR mode still not work correctly///
Adaptivity is OFF//

2016-04-11, 11:51:15
Reply #1173

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have two problems with latest build which are probably not bugs but really can't figure how to avoid them.

1. Denoising isn't performed when i hit cancel on rendering, only when i hit stop in vfb. Would be cool but vfb+ doesn't have a stop button so i get no denoising when i stop rendering and use vfb+...

2. Regions are great in interactive mode but incredibly slow in regular rendering.

Are those things desired behavior or problems that get solved eventually..?

2016-04-11, 12:40:51
Reply #1174

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
1. Denoising isn't performed when i hit cancel on rendering, only when i hit stop in vfb. Would be cool but vfb+ doesn't have a stop button so i get no denoising when i stop rendering and use vfb+...
2. Regions are great in interactive mode but incredibly slow in regular rendering.
1. I thought this was a feature, not to have to wait for denoise after you stop. Cancel being a killswitch with 0 latency. Maybe introduce both options in a drop down like Save all.

2. Yes, I was getting ready to Mantis this.
The Regions Do Not Actually Region. They render the whole frame, that's why it seems slow! You can region render through 3dsmax VFB, and it works, but corona VfB just renders everything, but only shows your region.

Problem already existed in 09.04 daily with 3dsMax 2016
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2016-04-11, 14:07:51
Reply #1175

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I thought this was a feature, not to have to wait for denoise after you stop.

See
https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/view.php?id=1662

and
https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/view.php?id=1694

VFB+ add´s another aspect to the topic.

Good Luck!

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-04-11, 14:34:24
Reply #1176

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
just wanted to thanks all the Corona team, the next version is full of new things, and user requests!!!

2016-04-11, 18:44:50
Reply #1177

Alexandre SCELLIER

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.alexandre-scellier.fr
Hi,
I would like to repport few minor problems with the new daily build. In the new render region mode (from the VFB) the primary solver calculates the whole image regardless of the region selected. Moreover, the number of passes doesn't seem to be correct ; it's very slow whereas the image appears noiseless ... This problem doesn't occur when using the render region form 3ds max.
Regards.

2016-04-11, 19:09:37
Reply #1178

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
I would like to repport few minor problems with the new daily build. In the new render region mode (from the VFB) the primary solver calculates the whole image regardless of the region selected. Moreover, the number of passes doesn't seem to be correct ; it's very slow whereas the image appears noiseless ... This problem doesn't occur when using the render region form 3ds max.
Regards.
Hi,
the number of passes corresponds to the whole image, so if you render 1 pass with a VFB region, each pixel actually receives more than 1 sample. I believe this is a correct behavior, as you would have to redefine what "1 pass" means every time a region is resized.

2016-04-11, 19:16:31
Reply #1179

Alexandre SCELLIER

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.alexandre-scellier.fr
Understood,
But in my workflow - and i think, the worflow of many others users - it's more important to know how many passes they are in relation with the whole image. If not, the render region is almost useless as i mainly use it to patch my renders ... What if i want the exact number of passes i my region i had in the whole image ?

2016-04-11, 23:33:57
Reply #1180

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In last Daily Build from 2016/04/11 still same problem with DR+Adaptivity and DeNoise/
and also in DR mode Corona rendering strange amount of passes,instead of a predetermined amount and render stop's:
for example /
given render 200 passes, after render 18 passes in DR mode render stop's:
here is screen shorts:

2016-04-11, 23:48:13
Reply #1181

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
latest build from the 11th, DR never stops, reports far more passes than was set, only way to stop it is to stop max process, this happens regardless of noise and adaptivity settings.
Update : please disregard that. seems I am havingproblems with this particular scene probably because of using older version of forest or something. Will post if I find any serious bugs
thanks
« Last Edit: 2016-04-12, 00:16:54 by ihabkal »

2016-04-12, 04:25:42
Reply #1182

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In last Daily Build from 2016/04/11 still same problem with DR+Adaptivity and DeNoise/
and also in DR mode Corona rendering strange amount of passes,instead of a predetermined amount and render stop's:
for example /
given render 200 passes, after render 18 passes in DR mode render stop's:
here is screen shorts:

I confirm same here it cuts off at 10 passes using 4 computers instead of the preset 100,
if you disable adaptivity it will render beyond 10. so not enough to disable denoising, both need to be disabled for DR.
thanks!
« Last Edit: 2016-04-12, 04:51:44 by ihabkal »

2016-04-12, 06:33:36
Reply #1183

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
hi guys, why do I still cannot use DR with latest dailybuild like everyone does? even without adaptivity or denoiser too.
rollback to 1.3 then it just works smoothly. or maybe the problem is caused by my unusuall network setup (I have 2 network connection in master PC)? dev.team please help..
and just curious, I never check the the corona roadmap and I did it yesterday, there are new features VFB history, A/B comparison and glare/bloom effect. are those features really really planned to implement in 1.4?? :D if the answer is yes, than corona 1.4 will be a real bombing work! hoorayy!!

2016-04-12, 09:30:11
Reply #1184

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi guys! These DR Denoise and Adaptivity issues are still here unfortunately. Are the same problems I had weeks ago. Let's hope the team will find a good solution soon.

Cheers!

Dionysios -