Author Topic: Added support for Multiscatter, ForestPack  (Read 67244 times)

2013-11-21, 11:40:28
Reply #75

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Peter, it's nice to have you on board. Did you see my post at the bottom of page 4? I know it's not a complete solution but it's a way to make some of the color variation possible already.

I did thanks. Maybe I should suggest that I use the multiscattertexture on the itoosoft forum as a way of spurring them into action ;)

That's certainly one approach :P

2013-12-15, 17:20:50
Reply #76

skinny_santa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hie whenever i try it use forest pack with corona as soon as i hit render it crashes
i tried it with mental ray and it worked but not with corona
i am using alpha 5
using corona before it was cool :3

2013-12-21, 12:38:17
Reply #77

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Make sure you have the latest multiscatter version, some older ones were causing crashes.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-12-21, 17:10:10
Reply #78

skinny_santa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i got it working now ^_^ yayyy
with the latest lite version i made a jungle scene too

HO HO HO
using corona before it was cool :3

2014-02-23, 06:06:43
Reply #79

jjduncs

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • thevisualworkshop
Yep i confirm, forest pack works like a charm :

Indeed, foliage stuff is really fun with pathtracing :) Way easier to setup, especially when we get interactive rendering!

Could you possibly explain your grass material? looks great while not being too translucent.
thanks

2014-02-26, 17:45:55
Reply #80

nehale

• Active Users
    • View Profile
is there a reason multi-scatter and forest pack require so much ram to render something over 30mill polys, i struggle to keep it under my 24gb limit unless i reduce the amount being scattered, dont have this issue when trying with vray
I had a girlfriend once.....her name was Vray

2014-03-18, 15:05:26
Reply #81

Dollmaker

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am having crash on max 2011 with forest pack pro.. I am using latest corona. Am I doing something wrong? Sorry I am a first time user of corona..

What forest pack versions are supported by corona?

2014-03-18, 15:22:54
Reply #82

fobus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
is there a reason multi-scatter and forest pack require so much ram to render something over 30mill polys, i struggle to keep it under my 24gb limit unless i reduce the amount being scattered, dont have this issue when trying with vray

The reason is V-Ray has render-time geometry, but Corona doesn't. The second reason is Corona rendering whole scene at once and have to store all the assets in memory when V-Ray's buckets uploads and unloads assetsts by-demand.

2014-08-05, 22:32:31
Reply #83

redlad

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's stuff like that where Corona really rocks :) ! pt+pt
(No shaders sorry, since all those plants are using VertexColor maps which are currently not working)

That looks class man. Brilliant!

2015-02-16, 21:13:58
Reply #84

Avan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
How i can use  forestpack color? I found this topic on itoo forum http://forum.itoosoft.com/index.php?topic=1857.0 but i can`t see any changes when i am following tutorial http://www.itoosoft.com/tutorials/tutorial_basic3.php

Who can help me and write steps of right using color tint in corona?