Author Topic: Leather sofa  (Read 9672 times)

2013-03-21, 17:01:28

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
Hi, this is one of my sofa models i did before, rendered with Corona.
PT+PT 4-10
Rendertime for each one : 2H
no post only removing some few noise on shadows.

« Last Edit: 2013-03-21, 17:03:37 by Chakib »

2013-03-21, 17:28:56
Reply #1

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
Great model! Great render!
Well, only 2 hours a lot;)
Corona - the best rendering solution!

2013-03-21, 17:48:41
Reply #2

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
Great render ! :) Smooth. :)

Maybe some more detail /shader work is needed to the pad to be on par with the rest.
Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor

2013-03-21, 19:21:49
Reply #3

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
Thanks guys           .

2013-03-21, 20:10:45
Reply #4

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's pretty cool :) Maybe it could be better some additional details on the wrinkles seen on the front and also textures that would give it a little more worn look cause the leather really looks just too perfect to me. And also the material on the pillow looks a little weird. But still very nice and good modeling work, did you use only max and traditional poly-modeling or did you sculpt out stuff using zbrush/mudbox? Overall I'm curious how much time you spent modeling this cause I'm experimenting doing all sorts of models using just sculpting and in the end it's so far the same/slooow process (timewise...)

2013-03-21, 21:52:27
Reply #5

ondrike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have something similar, but not renders with materials yet. I´m working on full sofa collections. I have 16 collections already modeled :)
Corona brought joy to sad world of 3Ds Max :)

2013-03-21, 21:57:50
Reply #6

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
How long does it take to create such model?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-03-21, 22:19:36
Reply #7

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
It's pretty cool :) Maybe it could be better some additional details on the wrinkles seen on the front and also textures that would give it a little more worn look cause the leather really looks just too perfect to me. And also the material on the pillow looks a little weird. But still very nice and good modeling work, did you use only max and traditional poly-modeling or did you sculpt out stuff using zbrush/mudbox? Overall I'm curious how much time you spent modeling this cause I'm experimenting doing all sorts of models using just sculpting and in the end it's so far the same/slooow process (timewise...)

Hi lacilaci glad you like it, i agree with your remarks i didn't use zbrush for that one to bring out the wrinkles  and the pillows are just speed stuff ive added to the sofa.
It was done only with poly modelling in max in about if i remember well 4 hours, i've started it by using a simple box and extrude the curved side of the sofa by spline and i've inverse the edges to extrude them to have that nice look, the more time you give it the more it looks correct, sometimes i spend a whole day for one sofa ( zbrush + marvelous designer are used+ revising it in max  so you can imagine the tweaks and tests etc )
« Last Edit: 2013-03-21, 22:25:06 by Chakib »

2013-03-21, 22:22:08
Reply #8

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
I have something similar, but not renders with materials yet. I´m working on full sofa collections. I have 16 collections already modeled :)

great collection and modellings skills ondrike, waiting for your renders !

2013-03-21, 22:24:03
Reply #9

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
How long does it take to create such model?

About 4 hours for that model i think maybe more because i revise/edit a lot my models before deciding

2013-03-21, 22:35:44
Reply #10

ondrike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
here is little teaser from other collections. everything is based on real sofas
Corona brought joy to sad world of 3Ds Max :)