Author Topic: Caustics  (Read 916 times)

2023-01-24, 23:17:45

CharlyRT

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there, I want to know if theres a possibility to make lights invisible in refraction while generating caustics, there are some cases where it could be interesting to create an artifitial light to generete them, here is a material study generated in Vray and Corona, in Vray i can make them invisible for this porpuse. I know we can generate only the channel and include them later, but it would be pretty useful to use it directly from the VFB.

Thanks for all your hardwork.
« Last Edit: 2023-01-30, 16:50:18 by RTstudio »

2023-01-25, 10:05:36
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
One request per topic please!!
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-01-25, 13:39:31
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
One request per topic does make it easier for us to reply, track when something is a feature request so we know where to come back and reply if it is addressed, and so on.

VFB: https://trello.com/c/2zqijykC/124-new-vfb-skin

VFB history and listers, being worked on at some point. I guess answers about that will emerge when they appear in a daily :)

You can always include new lights manually, no need to recreate using the buttons or toolbar script (just head into Render Elements, and you can add/remove lights directly from a LightSelect, create new LightSelects, etc.). I am not sure what you mean "after re-render" - if you mean "without re-rendering" I doubt that would be possible (but I guess you don't mean without re-rendering, because it's a new light, so would need a re-render with or without LightMix :) )

Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-01-25, 13:45:06
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
On LightMix, maybe you mean move lights around and create new LightSelects without a re-render - but also unlikely to be possible, since data structures and memory and data that will be saved to the file all happen at render time. As flexible as LightMix is, it is still up to the user to pick the set up that will provide the flexibility they need after a render to control the things they want to control.

For any follow up questions on any of the topics, please copy paste from here into a new thread, separate thread for each topic if you have follow ups on more than one :) Thanks!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-01-25, 17:12:18
Reply #4

CharlyRT

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for answering, Sorry about the multiple topics ive edited this one and will post each request separetely.

About the Caustics, do u have any plans to improve it?
« Last Edit: 2023-01-30, 16:49:09 by RTstudio »