Author Topic: marvelous designer / boot camp  (Read 4183 times)

2014-05-15, 11:15:38

martinS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hey guys,
this is a personal project which is supposed to be a training scene to get in touch with marvelous designer. the surrounding geometry is based on bertrand benoits 'baron haussmann apartment', with several changes in geometry and texturing. MD for me, is kind of addictive with every cloth or cushion you simulate... really like the workflow and easy of use of it! Credits for inspiration / tutorial go to the 'marvelous' juraj and veronika, lasse, bertrand and many more. So far, I managed to render out a couple of previews and these 3 final images... let me know what you guys think. thx -martin

2014-05-15, 12:52:00
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I think in some places there is too big gap between the cloth and the floor. The cloth also looks a bit "stiff". In this case I don't see much difference between MD and max's cloth sim.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-05-15, 13:12:51
Reply #2

gerbilho

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nice but like it's been said the cloth is too stiff and not touching the ground.
Where's the tutorial you mention?

2014-05-15, 14:00:11
Reply #3

martinS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thanks guys for your comments - good point! i will consider it once i finde more time to work on that scene again. gerbilho, the tutorial i mentioned was published in the 3D Artist magazine (issue 51, 2013).

2014-05-16, 09:09:42
Reply #4

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Your cloth needs translucency, right now it looks plastic a bit.

Also some of the clothes have visible poly edges.
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2014-05-16, 09:20:45
Reply #5

Nupsi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I really do like the lighting of the scene! The clothes on the other side are indeed a little like cement and nothing max couldĀ“nt do just as easely. In my opinion MD is a little overrated tool compared with maxes cloth-modifier. Just my 2 cents ;-)

2014-05-16, 13:03:37
Reply #6

martinS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thanks tanakov and nupsi. I think that MD can be a very powerfull and usefull tool in the right hands - though, I don't consider my hands to be the right ones... yet. ;-) In fact, I like to experiment with new stuff and find out myself whether it fits my needs, or not. it's all good.
concerning the scene, I agree with both of you. eventhough I'm not sure about translucency... really tanakov? I might give it a shot though! thanks for you comments!