Author Topic: Excluding background from POST  (Read 5334 times)

2016-11-09, 20:23:44

astudio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • A-Studio
I need to prepare new basic material library for PBR materials.

Is there any way to exclude environment map or direct visibility override map from post?

May be there is another workflow for tweaking materials by comparing with reference photo?

2016-11-10, 08:41:33
Reply #1

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Partially with CoronaOutput and disabled "Affected by tone mapping" checkbox. But I assume you already know?

Unfortunately this comes with lots of (immanent) restrictions because of the vast amount of new post features which cannot easily be reverted as the previous, basic ones. I had a feature request running on mantis about that, the best for improving "old style" CoronaOutput to achieve what you want is done, dead end for the rest. But I think for your purpose it´s still a good way to go If you don´t use fancy post effects but the basic ones.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-11-10, 22:17:58
Reply #2

astudio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • A-Studio
I tried it, but nothing happens.

Tried as usual environment, as override direct visibility, in shadows catcher material....  Tone mapping is working as well.
What do I miss?
No idea how to disable it. :(

2016-11-10, 22:48:54
Reply #3

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Just pipe your image through CoronaOutput map and put it in the direct visibility override slot.

Good Luck

2016-11-10, 23:14:16
Reply #4

astudio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • A-Studio
Thank you for screenshot. It's exactly what I do.

But it is working in a strange way.
I put my background. Render with exp. 0.0 . Increase exposure in post to 2.0.  It affects my objects and background as well.
After rerender with new exposure I see my objects affected and background not affected.
Is this right?  Is it a way?

I am looking for a way to increase exposure by post for my objects only, without affecting the background and without rerender. :(

2016-11-10, 23:38:28
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
You always have to rerender if you tweak tonemapping and affect by tonemapping is unchecked. There's no other way around.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-11-10, 23:59:11
Reply #6

astudio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • A-Studio
Thank you, I got it.

Just interesting. Is it possible to make render element like LightSelect for background and include it in LightMix. And use it as opposite to LightSelect-Include Environment Light for compensation.

It would be very helpful for inserting model into photo.

2016-11-11, 06:35:27
Reply #7

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
You always have to rerender if you tweak tonemapping and affect by tonemapping is unchecked. There's no other way around.
I'm hoping, there will be an improvement for this. at least, we can see the result everytime IR is refreshed. :)

2016-11-11, 08:35:23
Reply #8

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I'm hoping, there will be an improvement for this. at least, we can see the result everytime IR is refreshed. :)

Good point! You should do a proper feature request for this, I think it´s not very difficult to implement.

Good Luck