Author Topic: Monitor  (Read 3080 times)

2016-02-20, 22:58:29

Dervish

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello guys,

I need some advice as I am confused, regarding which IPS monitor to get. I have been researching for the past week and I had decided to get an Eizo, however we realised that we need a few more monitors, which means, we could possibly get two or three for the price of one Eizo 27inch. If you guys have any tips, I would appreciate it, especially in regards to on screen color to printer out put. Thanks

We already calibrate the monitors using calibration hardware and software. But I need some real tips based on user experience before I purchase next week.

2016-02-20, 23:47:36
Reply #1

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/

The single very best source of unbiased monitor reviews. You cannot get more in-depth and professional than this :- )

Eizo is just a brand. Nowadays they have full price range, which vary in features and quality. Simply buying 'Eizo' (or NEC) doesn't mean you get better quality than simply going with Dell. Eizo has bunch of 27" monitors, ranging from basic IPS 8bit sRGB panels, to high-end 10bit WideGamut panels, with lot of other special versions, like fast-latency game oriented Foris models.

So you choose the kind of features you want (color depth, color gamut, SW/HW calibration, contrast range,etc..) then some budget and then you can compare exact models from different brands.

But generally speaking, with the high quality of mainstream displays, unless you're extremely picky colorist, buying top-end NEC/Eizo is wasting your money. You really need to know why you would need them , otherwise you get very little benefit compared to better priced counterparts. High-end Dell monitors are extremely popular and well received in professional reviews above.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-02-20, 23:56:49
Reply #2

Dervish

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Juraj,

Totally missed that one, I will read further. :)

2016-02-21, 15:23:25
Reply #3

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
on screen color to printer out put
Be sure you read up on RGB to CMYK colorspace conversion issues. When converting there will always be a slight difference, which you have to look at, which you may or may not want to correct.
Photoshop has a quick preview function, just be aware that no matter the monitor, these conversion issues always exist, albeit small.
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )