Author Topic: Fatal crashing with A6 RC1 and RC2  (Read 8842 times)

2016-11-21, 10:12:18

toby00001

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi dev team,

This bug has been reported in Mantis (by a number of users) but I would like to try and draw attention to it here due to the severity of the bug.

In A6 RC1 I can see that the team have implemented a slightly new 'material presence' i.e. Corona material creation options are no longer under shaders, but rather have their own separate menu. This is a great idea and very welcome, BUT this particular change has resulted in RC1 and RC2 crashing C4D instantly whenever a user tried to create or edit a Corona material (needless to say, C4D also crashes on rendering if one can get that far).

Here is the bug I originally reported, complete with attached C4D bug report:

https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/view.php?id=2263

I know the software is still very much in testing, but I would like some acknowledgement that this bug is recognised by the developers and will get some attention soon. As far as I can see, from looking through Mantis, this is the most severe bug currently in play.

Thanks

2016-11-21, 10:34:13
Reply #1

CBAS VISUAL

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance :

2016-11-21, 11:35:46
Reply #2

toby00001

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Check the Mantis bug report for details - this particular crash was on Mac.

2016-11-21, 14:32:47
Reply #3

toby00001

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Upgrading to OS Sierra 10.12.1 seems to circumvent the issue.

BUT, of course, this should not be considered a fix. I cannot upgrade most of the computers in my office because Sierra is not compatible with many older versions of ArchiCAD that we regularly use, such as ArchiCAD 18 and 17.

2016-11-21, 23:25:09
Reply #4

shane_w

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sierra didn't fix the problem for me.  If I try to do anything with a material or render I will get an instant crash.  Mantis shows that my report of this bug is assigned, so they are aware and hopefully working on it.  It would be nice if they could share any news they may have, good or bad.  As you mentioned it is a very serious bug that makes Corona unusable for some.

2016-11-22, 09:30:21
Reply #5

toby00001

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Actually shane, I saw your bug already, this is it right?

https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/view.php?id=2224

It's not the same bug as I have been dealing with as it was reported before RC1, so I don't expect that upgrading to Sierra would help. But yes, at least your bug has been assigned, so should get some attention soon! :)

2016-11-22, 15:44:52
Reply #6

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I am trying to replicate the bug on my computer, but unfortunately, everything works for me. Would it be possible to connect to someone's computer (e.g. by TeamViewer) to find the cause of this bug?

2016-11-22, 16:13:34
Reply #7

toby00001

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I am trying to replicate the bug on my computer, but unfortunately, everything works for me. Would it be possible to connect to someone's computer (e.g. by TeamViewer) to find the cause of this bug?

I can do some screen sharing tomorrow to show the bug if you want?

2016-11-23, 17:51:48
Reply #8

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I can do some screen sharing tomorrow to show the bug if you want?
Hi,

This would be great. I will try to do the same things on my computer simultaneously and we will see whether I will be able to reproduce the bug without direct access to your computer. Just send me a private message with information what is the ideal time for you. Or you can create short screen record (video) and send me the download link.

Thank you

2016-11-24, 13:38:12
Reply #9

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I would like to ask whether the Cinema crashes immediately after the creation of material or empty square is displayed in the materials window and then Cinema crashes.

2016-11-28, 12:38:51
Reply #10

toby00001

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

My bug was only present on OS X 10.11, since upgrading to 10.12 things have been fairly smooth.

The bug was that when creating a Corona material it would crash instantly, before C4D could even render a preview of the material.

Testing RC3 now and seems smooth also, but cannot speak for people still on OS X 10.11.

2016-11-28, 12:41:21
Reply #11

toby00001

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It seems the bug is still present for other users on earlier versions of OS X:

https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/view.php?id=2350

What version of OS X are you using in the Corona dev team?

2016-11-28, 13:35:58
Reply #12

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It seems the bug is still present for other users on earlier versions of OS X:

https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/view.php?id=2350

What version of OS X are you using in the Corona dev team?
Thank you for the idea. I am downloading OS X 10.11 right now and I will test Corona for C4D on that version or on earlier versions if need. We use 10.12 (Sierra) for the development right now.

2016-11-28, 17:11:14
Reply #13

dunedin

• Users
    • View Profile
I am working on  C4Dr17 /Mac OS 10.10.5
and i have the same issue here as well. when i create a corona material C4D instantly crashes.

Cheers Colin

2016-12-02, 14:25:25
Reply #14

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

we released Corona for C4D Alpha 6 RC4 yesterday (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7g1HtV8lD7gWVBKVDhUUk9pYVE) where the bug and only the bug with crashing materials should be fixed. Please let as know whether it works.

PS
I would like to thank shane_w that he allowed me to connect to his computer to reproduce and fix the bug.