Author Topic: Render node startup in 1.4  (Read 3512 times)

2016-05-18, 06:37:56

MartinBrinks

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • martinbrinks.com
Thanks for an excellent update.

Just curious whether there's been an update to the DrServer. Before I had to start it manually in admin mode on my render nodes, which is a slight inconvenience - would be great if it could start automaticelly when the machine is powered up.

2016-05-18, 09:33:05
Reply #1

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Thanks for an excellent update.

Just curious whether there's been an update to the DrServer. Before I had to start it manually in admin mode on my render nodes, which is a slight inconvenience - would be great if it could start automaticelly when the machine is powered up.
You can put DrServer into the startup folder and it will always start automatically when the system starts.

The devs mentioned, they will release a support article on how to set it up as a service for easier deployment and auto startup as a service.

And lastly, user frood has a guide on how to use the tool "non sucking service manager" to convert the drserver into a service yourself.
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2016-05-18, 10:03:38
Reply #2

MartinBrinks

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • martinbrinks.com
Holy moly - has it always been like this, with the startup folder? Thought putting it there wouldn't execute the service without a dialogue box when it's an admin startup. But thanks for the info, will give it a try today.

2016-05-18, 10:36:38
Reply #3

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
There was an update in a way it always run elevated now, shouldn't be any more need to run with admin rights.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-05-18, 11:16:28
Reply #4

MartinBrinks

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • martinbrinks.com
Thanks, great news.

2016-05-18, 13:34:47
Reply #5

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
[Semi-offtopic]
If you put an executable into the startup folder of the "all users" user, it will always start in admin mode. It requires admin rights to copy a file there and it will run elevated each time you logon, since it has to have the right to run for all users.
[/Semi-offtopic]
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2016-05-18, 16:12:17
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
As to DrServer and admin mode: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000002048
As to running as service - I promise to release the article really soon. We are in a real hassle right now after the 1.4 release, hope you understand. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-05-25, 14:22:24
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Official solution for running Distributed Render and Licensing servers as Windows services is here:
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000007896
All who need it, check it out!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us