Author Topic: Trying to convert  (Read 15946 times)

2014-01-16, 17:21:51

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, Im a 3D artist, and a try to convert my workflow from vray to corona but its hard for my.

I'm not sure if this message is in the correct place, if not, please move. (sorry)

I made this interior scene in vray for test de conversion to corona.

Ok, its not a great image, but I need to start from some point ...

and this is the corona solution.

Ok, is not the same ilumination, but is 122 passes and apears a lot of white dots.

What's the correct parameters for a good solution?

Now is PT + HD in Prograsive mode.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: 2014-01-16, 17:25:39 by abulimbre »

2014-01-16, 17:27:40
Reply #1

liraatvisuals

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • LIRAATVISUALS
put a plane on the window and assign portal material to the plane .....pt+ hd it's ok

2014-01-16, 17:36:23
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This might also be useful if you are new to Corona:
http://corona-renderer.com/wiki/performance_debugging
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-01-16, 18:56:45
Reply #3

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I guess you're simply having fireflies from the extremely bright lit lamp-"holes" in the ceiling (not the lightsources itself, the geometry around). Did you change msi?
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2014-01-16, 23:43:11
Reply #4

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
It may be also solid glass covering those lights ;)

2014-01-17, 01:43:34
Reply #5

d-3

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Try to use emissive planes in the spots! no lights! it will work better :D

2014-01-17, 03:37:39
Reply #6

jonofj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
emissive planes?

sorry Im new to using 3dsmax / corona - but Im working on something similar and not sure how to create those downlights? any help please.

what ive done is just use a material with an emission, and then  is applied on the downlights glass ...not sure if that is the correct way to go about it....Ill post my render soon...its rendering at the moment...appreciate any feedback.

2014-01-17, 08:06:50
Reply #7

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Post teh scene, so people may look in and tell you what you did wrong.
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2014-01-17, 09:05:22
Reply #8

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It may be also solid glass covering those lights ;)

Yes, I put a solid glasses for my windows

I guess you're simply having fireflies from the extremely bright lit lamp-"holes" in the ceiling (not the lightsources itself, the geometry around). Did you change msi?

There are my render options of my scene

Try to use emissive planes in the spots! no lights! it will work better :D

Ok, goog idea. It's not easy because de wall is curved, but, any way I try to do this and post more images with the new settings.

Thanks for your support!

2014-01-17, 10:52:29
Reply #9

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Yes, you did change msi - don't. ;)
Try setting max sample intensity back to 20 and render again.

2014-01-17, 11:13:21
Reply #10

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, you did change msi - don't. ;)
Try setting max sample intensity back to 20 and render again.

Thanks, now its rendering with MSI=20, portals, and colona IES lights on spots

When it finish I show you the render.

2014-01-17, 14:05:35
Reply #11

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is the image this the new settings and 127 passes.

About 3h in my i5

2014-01-17, 15:51:46
Reply #12

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
So the ugly fireflies are gone :) good
About the rest of the noise: I'm not sure (would appreciate if someone could say more about that) but afair corona ies lights were quite noisy lately. In the dailies you could use the standard photometric lights but not in A5. Just try to increase the light samples multiplier (to 10 or something). It should get better and if that's the only part where it's still noisy you can go even higher, just try out how you need to balance those two to get optimal results (pt multiplier and lights multiplier). It should be doable pretty quickly with a region rendering.

2014-01-17, 16:13:46
Reply #13

shadowman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
corona ies lights were quite noisy lately

i've also noticed
maybe after this stage of dailies:

I've redone the way IES files are stored in CoronaLight, some testing will be needed

2014-01-17, 16:32:53
Reply #14

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, Now I try to solve the IES problem and then show you the image.

I'm steel waiting for the A6 because I do not acces for the daily builds ...

2014-01-17, 19:00:55
Reply #15

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Like DeadClown said, looks like in your image most noise comes from direct light (there is no noise in dark areas) so you can try raising LSM (light samples multiplier).
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-01-18, 14:44:15
Reply #16

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Like DeadClown said, looks like in your image most noise comes from direct light (there is no noise in dark areas) so you can try raising LSM (light samples multiplier).

Thanks Maru.

Yes, I made some changes. Fist, I delete my IES and put a Light material in the spots, and second, I increase the LSM to 5.

But for this render, I wait 21h in my i5 and it takes 127 passes (3500x2475px)

I think Its not very useful in render production for my. But anyway, a put another image to find the corret settings for make it more faster.

Some time ago I buy a license for Maxwell render, first in beta process and then I pay the upgrade to 2.0 version. But I never  use it for the same reason, very slow, and imposible to find the correct setting for a reasonable speed/quality images for production. I only speak for my personal experience and my self.

Its posible, or very dificult, to make a presets library and integrate it with the release for the common situations? You now;
low quality, draft, interior, exterior ... like solid rocks for vray. Then you can change all the setings if you want.

Is my humble opinion, and a lot of thanks for your support.

(Sorry for my critics, and my bad english)

2014-01-18, 16:13:17
Reply #17

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The problem is that you have tried to convert a Vray scene without knowing much about how Corona works. Conversion is never a 1-click process. You will get errors and slow downs. The scene you have posted should not take anywhere near that amount of time to render. Other users on here are putting out amazingly photo-real 4k renders with zero noise in about 4-8 hours.

I suggest you read Rawalanche's post on how to use Corona properly in this thread http://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,2518.0.html

Vray who?

2014-01-18, 19:15:44
Reply #18

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The problem is that you have tried to convert a Vray scene without knowing much about how Corona works. Conversion is never a 1-click process. You will get errors and slow downs. The scene you have posted should not take anywhere near that amount of time to render. Other users on here are putting out amazingly photo-real 4k renders with zero noise in about 4-8 hours.

I suggest you read Rawalanche's post on how to use Corona properly in this thread http://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,2518.0.html

For that reason I need help. (And I think a lot of people are in the same situation like me)

2014-01-20, 09:44:54
Reply #19

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I made other view and change a LSM=10. I think now the light works better buta I cant tell you how many hours are this render because the render panel apearse frozen...

Cheers

2014-01-21, 18:35:48
Reply #20

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
First thing you should check while converting your v-ray scene to corona, especially when you're using material converter and not doing it manually is to check all your transparent and translucent materials that their refraction mode is set to Hybrid (for solid glass) or Twosided (for single sided glass like window glass etc.) modes ( http://clip2net.com/s/6DRyHE ) this way http://clip2net.com/s/6DSz9a you can get rid of those nasty fireflies way faster, cause corona will not calculate caustics for those objects and caustics for interiors are just plainly unneeded :) (in most cases) - people hadn't written about it for one simple reason - in dailybuilds it is set to be so by default and most of them are using daily's for quite a while and have just forgot how it was "back then" 

2014-01-22, 09:41:43
Reply #21

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
First thing you should check while converting your v-ray scene to corona, especially when you're using material converter and not doing it manually is to check all your transparent and translucent materials that their refraction mode is set to Hybrid (for solid glass) or Twosided (for single sided glass like window glass etc.) modes ( http://clip2net.com/s/6DRyHE ) this way http://clip2net.com/s/6DSz9a you can get rid of those nasty fireflies way faster, cause corona will not calculate caustics for those objects and caustics for interiors are just plainly unneeded :) (in most cases) - people hadn't written about it for one simple reason - in dailybuilds it is set to be so by default and most of them are using daily's for quite a while and have just forgot how it was "back then"

Thanks a lot Antanas. Now I'm rebuilding the glass material of the entire scene to make a test.

I appreciate your comment.

Cheers

2014-07-10, 11:29:02
Reply #22

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Now I'm working on this

But I found some problems to solve the white balance. I love some images posted on this forum, very white interiors, but I dont know how I can do that...

And this is a test trying to match the natural lighting and the materials of the object.

cheers
« Last Edit: 2014-07-10, 11:59:29 by abulimbre »

2014-11-14, 10:14:18
Reply #23

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Im testing the light for this image, I dont know if the portals here can perform the speed