Author Topic: Why hasn't anyone brought this keyboard shortcut back yet? and more..  (Read 721 times)

2024-02-26, 14:26:04

Peter Tristann

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

In certain past versions of Corona there was an ingenious keyboard shortcut that worked in VFB Corona to quickly create region render fields.
All you had to do was press Shift + left and create regions.  It sped up the workflow nicely. But I guess someone from the Corona crew didn't like the fact that it made working with Corona easier and knocked out this shortcut and for probably 4-5 versions it is still not there! And I admonished for it in the comments.    Now you have to click the Region button manually with the mouse every time, which on 4K monitors slows things down. How to re-enable this shortcut by yourself? And if not then FINALLY restore it in Corona 12 when the new VFB will be released (eventually, because it deviates in quality from v-ray heavily and runs less smoothly).

The second question is why the Road Map Corona lists only 2 people introducing new innovations in subsequent versions? Are Martin Šik and Ondra Karlik the only programmers in the Corona team? :D No one else is writing new lines of code? I once saw a picture from 5 years ago of people working on Corona and it was over 20-25 people if I remember correctly, how is it possible that only 2 people have been developing Corona for several versions?

The third annoying thing since 2-3 versions of Corona, is every time you open an interactive rendering or final, you have to manually expand Tone Mapping, by default either all of them are closed, or Bloom and Glare are open. It was most convenient when Tone Mapping was ALWAYS open and available from the first version of Corona! Fix this because it slows down the work and annoys, interferes with the smoothness of the project work. Where do you get the ideas for such a hindrance. Not to mention that you messed up the order of options in Tone Mapping to which you have been accustomed for years and now I still miss them in their places. And probably thousands of other graphic designers who have worked with Corona for years, especially since the first versions.

2024-02-26, 16:03:41
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The roadmap is not an indication of who is working on what any more :) It is no longer updated by the devs to that level of detail, just by me at a higher level of detail.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2024-02-27, 11:42:19
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, first of all, thank you for your feedback. We rely on it, and it is what makes Corona better. But at the same time, I would like to ask you to stop being hostile and offensive. I understand that things sometimes get frustrating, but such messages will not help you, even if something you don't like is a result of a bad decision. Saying thigs like "fix it!" or "you messed up!" is something we will not tolerate.

In certain past versions of Corona there was an ingenious keyboard shortcut that worked in VFB Corona to quickly create region render fields.
All you had to do was press Shift + left and create regions.  It sped up the workflow nicely.
I will make sure that this is reported.

The second question is why the Road Map Corona lists only 2 people introducing new innovations in subsequent versions? Are Martin Šik and Ondra Karlik the only programmers in the Corona team? :D No one else is writing new lines of code? I once saw a picture from 5 years ago of people working on Corona and it was over 20-25 people if I remember correctly, how is it possible that only 2 people have been developing Corona for several versions?
I take it as a joke and Tom has already explained that, but I can assure you that Corona is being developed by many more than 2 programmers. :)

The third annoying thing since 2-3 versions of Corona, is every time you open an interactive rendering or final, you have to manually expand Tone Mapping, by default either all of them are closed, or Bloom and Glare are open.
I will make sure that this is reported.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2024-02-27, 12:21:23
Reply #3

John_Do

• Active Users
    • View Profile
All you had to do was press Shift + left and create regions. 

I wasn't aware of this shortcut, and it's weird because it still works on Corona for Cinema 4D. Thanks !

BTW it would be great if the new VFB could feature some customizable shortcuts ( wink to the devs ).

2024-03-20, 20:59:12
Reply #4

Peter Tristann

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, first of all, thank you for your feedback. We rely on it, and it is what makes Corona better. But at the same time, I would like to ask you to stop being hostile and offensive. I understand that things sometimes get frustrating, but such messages will not help you, even if something you don't like is a result of a bad decision. Saying thigs like "fix it!" or "you messed up!" is something we will not tolerate.

I just managed to read the answers!  Ah sorry it sounded like that :) I didn't mean for it to look like that!

Thanks for the answers and that you reported these things!!! As strange that it only bothered me because I didn't see anyone mention it :)
As for the Shift + LMB shortcut as someone below wrote in Corona it still works only in 3ds max for some reason they removed it :)

Still nice if Corona's VFB window worked smoother similar to VFB V-Ray :) there even region selection works much smoother during interactive rendering and in Corona it jumps. Maybe in Corona 12 when there will be a brand new VFB also there will be more smoothness :)

2024-03-29, 10:57:38
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Still nice if Corona's VFB window worked smoother similar to VFB V-Ray :) there even region selection works much smoother during interactive rendering and in Corona it jumps. Maybe in Corona 12 when there will be a brand new VFB also there will be more smoothness :)
Yes, the new version of the VFB should be smoother/snappier/more responsive.

(just internal things below)

tone mapping expanded by default - (Report ID=CMAX-891)
Shift+LMB to draw regions - (Report ID=CMAX-888)

« Last Edit: 2024-03-29, 11:10:57 by maru »
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us