Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

Rendering Smoke - Phoenix FD

<< < (3/3)

Luke:

--- Quote from: rowmanns on 2020-04-27, 09:40:09 ---Hi,

Please can you try with the latest Corona daily build? We have fixed the crashing with Phoenix FD v4.

Thanks,

Rowan

--- End quote ---

Is it stable...? Im in the middle of a few projects and not really needing the hassle of crashing/issues/dramas...
If it's good then I'll happily give it a go... 👍

rowmanns:
Hi,

As with all daily builds I can't guarantee that they are 100% stable.

However so far we didn't have any major bugs reported with the last DB.

btw, you can now run multiple versions of Corona at the same time using this: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000066819

Cheers,

Rowan

lukx:
still crashing with Corona 5 hotfix 2, but latest daily build is okay with smoke sim but crashes when trying to do coffee sim

rowmanns:
Hi,

PhoenixFD 4 is only supported in the Corona v6 Daily builds. PhoenixFD 3 will need to be used with Corona v5.

I would also recommend downloading and installing the latest Phoenix nightly build as many issues and crashes with Corona have been fixed.

Cheers,

Rowan

Evan Lindsay:
I'm experiencing an issue with Corona 7 and Phoenix 44100. It will render 80 frames and then the last 16 frames are missing the smoke. I'll delete the phoenix source, add a new one and load the simulation, but I experience the same issue with the missing frames changing to different frames. The smoke is visible in the viewport, but nothing renders.

Edit: I tried to render out the vdb sequence using the Corona volume grid, but again, a similar issue occurs. It just stops rendering the smoke after a certain frame. Vray renders both no problem.

Any ideas?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version