Author Topic: a material converter from maxwell render  (Read 6135 times)

2016-12-29, 11:14:12

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
it is possibile to develop a tool to convert material from maxwell render to corona?
it will be very great...

2017-08-24, 10:23:15
Reply #1

Naxos

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-08-28, 10:52:49
Reply #2

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-09-13, 10:53:24
Reply #3

ilgioma

• Active Users
    • View Profile
it is possibile to develop a tool to convert material from maxwell render to corona?
it will be very great...

Magari!!

For non-Italian users: maybe ;-)

Leo

2017-09-13, 12:39:27
Reply #4

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I've been looking at maxwell for the corona converter in 3dsmax, but found the concepts way too different to be able to do any "usable" conversion. I don't know how maxwell in c4d looks like but I would assume it's basically the same thing. Just out of curiosity: Can anyone elaborate on how "good" you think a conversion result could be (just by trying to do it by hand, one parameter at a time)?
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2017-09-14, 00:39:22
Reply #5

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I've been looking at maxwell for the corona converter in 3dsmax, but found the concepts way too different to be able to do any "usable" conversion. I don't know how maxwell in c4d looks like but I would assume it's basically the same thing. Just out of curiosity: Can anyone elaborate on how "good" you think a conversion result could be (just by trying to do it by hand, one parameter at a time)?

The models from e-shop Bentanji are Maxwell primarily, and they are apparently converted with their in-house script automatically. So it can be done...but the results are quite...odd. Or maybe they haven't quite thought through their converter well. Their maxwell shaders are very nice but built in the complex layered BRDF style so their in-house script converts them to nonsensical CoronaBlend shader where the whole architecture of former shader no longer makes sense.

It still renders ok but have to be scratched completely if you need to tweak it.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2017-09-14, 09:42:05
Reply #6

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Their maxwell shaders are very nice but built in the complex layered BRDF style so their in-house script converts them to nonsensical CoronaBlend shader where the whole architecture of former shader no longer makes sense.

It still renders ok but have to be scratched completely if you need to tweak it.
Yes, that kind of matches my experience. You can do it that way - just "brute force" it - but I don't think it's something you want to do for your projects.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.