Author Topic: Daily builds version 3  (Read 103214 times)

2018-08-20, 14:38:36
Reply #135

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Looks like the material preview camera is orthogonal instead of perspective...

2018-08-20, 14:42:01
Reply #136

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Kind'a look vrayish X_x
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2018-08-21, 01:41:35
Reply #137

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
I am having a great time with the daily build, the optix is oddly effective at low res animation previews i am doing, but the crashes when rendering, it just freezes after X time, is realllly annoying.

2018-08-21, 01:48:02
Reply #138

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am having a great time with the daily build, the optix is oddly effective at low res animation previews i am doing, but the crashes when rendering, it just freezes after X time, is realllly annoying.

Yes, I actually like the effect of Optix on foliage for early drafts :) but I had to downgrade because of constant crashes.

2018-08-21, 03:10:28
Reply #139

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
but to use in production for animations you need a good graphics card in every render node. How about a utility like the vray denoiser that denoises frames of animations that we can run after the fact and uses optics? that would make it usable for animations I think? and we won't have to drop 10 grands on cards...

2018-08-21, 07:29:28
Reply #140

longhard

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona Render 3 support vrayproxy?

2018-08-21, 10:45:57
Reply #141

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com

2018-08-22, 03:25:24
Reply #142

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
I am starting to be quite confident that it's the new light solver (experimental) that causes most of my crashes in rendering when leaving the render for hours. I'm sure the optix also has something to do with it, but turning them off I had a stable render overnight using the daily build. 

2018-08-22, 09:21:56
Reply #143

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
I am starting to be quite confident that it's the new light solver (experimental) that causes most of my crashes in rendering when leaving the render for hours. I'm sure the optix also has something to do with it, but turning them off I had a stable render overnight using the daily build. 

Did you send us a minidump from any of the crashes? I don't see any mention of that anywhere in this topic, nor do I see any recent minidumps in the private uploader.

Whenever you encounter a crash, it is always very useful to send us the minidump and/or the exact steps to reproduce the crash (preferrably both). Without that it is extremely hard, if not impossible, for us to fix such bugs.

2018-08-22, 09:43:26
Reply #144

Nekrobul

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Did you send us a minidump from any of the crashes? I don't see any mention of that anywhere in this topic, nor do I see any recent minidumps in the private uploader.

Whenever you encounter a crash, it is always very useful to send us the minidump and/or the exact steps to reproduce the crash (preferrably both). Without that it is extremely hard, if not impossible, for us to fix such bugs.

Ryuu while you are here, have you found what caused crash in my minidump? I had both enabled new light solver and optix denoiser.

2018-08-22, 10:50:41
Reply #145

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Ryuu while you are here, have you found what caused crash in my minidump? I had both enabled new light solver and optix denoiser.

Well, the good news is that this is not caused by optix. The bad news is that the crash is caused by the new light solver and all I can see is the final reason for the crash, but not how we got there. Does it crash all the time or just for a single scene? We should be able to find the real cause ourselves sooner or later, but it would definitely help a lot having a reproduction scene.

2018-08-22, 11:03:24
Reply #146

Nekrobul

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Well, the good news is that this is not caused by optix. The bad news is that the crash is caused by the new light solver and all I can see is the final reason for the crash, but not how we got there. Does it crash all the time or just for a single scene? We should be able to find the real cause ourselves sooner or later, but it would definitely help a lot having a reproduction scene.

It happens in any scene, without any observable logic just after random period of rendertime. I will save and send the scene as soon as will be able to replicate it again. (kinda bussy now)

BTW - i can confirm that disabling new light solver, ughm solves crashes isue.

2018-08-22, 13:42:35
Reply #147

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media

I understand, the last two times the entire computer froze and then I forgot. next time I will try to submit it.

2018-08-22, 15:13:49
Reply #148

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
If adaptivity recalc spinner in dev/experimental rollout is set to <5, then noise level and sampling focus pass doesn't update untill 5th pass, and only after that it starts updating as it should. Build Aug 15
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-08-22, 15:44:03
Reply #149

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I uploaded one over the weekend.  I hope it was received.  Any word on what caused that crash?

Thanks Ryuu!