Author Topic: Corona 7 CPU usage fluctuating due to bucket rendering  (Read 3423 times)

2021-11-01, 10:54:53

idiscodancer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
When rendering in Corona 7, the CPU load is constantly downloading. The frequency can drop to 0, and then rise again. Processor threadreeper 3970. All cards were converted to physical

« Last Edit: 2023-02-17, 11:44:00 by maru »

2021-11-01, 12:30:17
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Deleted the link since it triggered a Trojan warning for me. You can just upload images direct to the forum, no need for external URLs, or use a standard image sharing application site, rather than... whatever that link was going to. Support saved the image and uploaded it to the forum for you :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-11-01, 13:00:26
Reply #2

idiscodancer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the tip. How can I solve this problem, in addition to the frequency drop, 3ds max drops were also added

2021-11-01, 13:20:51
Reply #3

idiscodancer

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Is there a way to convert materials from physical back to standard?

2021-11-01, 13:29:16
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
There is no way to convert CoronaPhysicalMtl into CoronaLegacyMtl (or CoronaMtl), sorry.

2021-11-01, 14:09:30
Reply #5

idiscodancer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
how then should i solve this problem? Only hand-made materials back?

2021-11-01, 15:14:48
Reply #6

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Depends on the problem you are resolving - if you want CoronaLegacyMtl in Corona 7, simply create them as CoronaLegacyMtls. If you want to take a Corona 7 scene back into Corona 6, that cannot really be done (for more reasons than just the material, in general something in a new version can't be loaded in an old version because things have changed under the hood), so the solution there if it has to be Corona 6 is to create it in Corona 6. You can have more than 1 version of Corona installed at the same time via the multiloader - https://support.corona-renderer.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402621051793-How-to-start-3ds-Max-with-a-specific-version-of-Corona-Renderer-using-multiloaders-with-Corona-5-and-newer-

2021-11-01, 15:40:59
Reply #7

idiscodancer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
But what about the problem of falling processor frequency? As I can see on the form, there are many problems with frequency slopes and slowdowns in rendering. Are you going to solve the same problem?

2021-11-01, 15:44:02
Reply #8

idiscodancer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
is it really necessary to go back to version 6 to get stable Corona with Threadreeper 3970 processor?

2021-11-01, 15:51:00
Reply #9

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
That question I leave to the support team :)

2021-11-01, 20:59:17
Reply #10

idiscodancer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Revealed a pattern, max crashes, only when using batch render. If you count one picture at a time, then everything is ok, max is stable

2021-11-02, 16:01:14
Reply #11

Giona

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • 3D - MTB - Photography
    • View Profile
    • Giona Andreani 3D Visualization
I noticed the same problem of the CPU constantly dropping the usage while rendering. You can see it from the attached image.
This behaviour happens both on my personal workstation and on the studio workstation, with different scenes but same Corona 7 HF1.
It happens even on a simple scene with a plane and a box.

Please let us know if it's supposed to work like this, or there's something strange happening.
Thanks!

2021-11-02, 20:01:27
Reply #12

idiscodancer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Today I converted the entire scene together with the proxy into the 7th version of the crown, the render has become stable. Failures do happen, but much less often.

2021-11-04, 10:05:24
Reply #13

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi Guys,

This is caused by the bucket rendering we introduced in v7. In some cases Corona waits until the last bucket finishes rendering before commencing with the next pass.

We are looking at ways to address this issue in v8. However for the time being I can provide a string option so you can temporarily disable the bucket rendering.

You can put the following into the string options rollout (you'll need to enable the devel settings for this Render Setup -> System -> System Settings -> Enable devel/debug mode)
Code: [Select]
int progressive.boxScramblingPassLimit = 100
The number should be higher than your pass limit, as this is the amount of passes where Corona will start to use buckets.

Let me know how this works for you.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!