Poll

What are your favorite features in Corona Renderer?

The new Sun and Sky model in Corona 6
43 (5.5%)
The new Lens Effects added in Corona 6
18 (2.3%)
Randomized Tiling added to the UVWRandomizer in Corona 6
50 (6.4%)
The UVWRandomizer in general (other than the new Randomized Tiling)
40 (5.1%)
The Corona MultiMap
41 (5.2%)
Interactive Rendering
73 (9.3%)
LightMix
64 (8.1%)
The Material Library
32 (4.1%)
Corona Node Material Editor (C4D)
8 (1%)
Corona Scatter
30 (3.8%)
Caustics
26 (3.3%)
Corona Denoiser
44 (5.6%)
The AI Denoisers (Intel and/or NVIDIA)
30 (3.8%)
Corona DR (Corona DR specifically, not rendering through Backburner)
13 (1.7%)
The Corona Image Editor
16 (2%)
Phoenix FD Support
19 (2.4%)
OpenVDB support through the CoronaVolumeGrid
12 (1.5%)
The "Inside Mode" option for CoronaVolume materials
13 (1.7%)
Support for Hair and Fur plugins
13 (1.7%)
The ability to render standard V-Ray materials and lights without conversion
17 (2.2%)
The Corona Converter
39 (5%)
The Corona Triplanar Map
33 (4.2%)
The Corona Distance Map
39 (5%)
Corona Proxies
24 (3%)
2.5D Displacement
43 (5.5%)
VFB History
7 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Author Topic: Poll: What are your favorite features in Corona Renderer?  (Read 6126 times)

2020-09-23, 16:23:51

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all!

We like to hear what your most requested features are, but it would also help us set the direction for future development by hearing what your most liked existing features are.

If there is a feature that is your favorite which is not listed, please post it as a comment under the poll. Also, feel free to tell us why you voted for the features you choose - is it that they save you the most time? That they let you be more creative and expressive? That you use them many times every day and have come to rely on them?

The items are in no particular order (other than Corona 6 features on top), so please read through them all. We haven't set a limit on how many you can pick as favorites, so that is left up to you.

Thanks for your time in taking part!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-09-23, 17:05:58
Reply #1

Thanhluong

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • natrangdesign.com
Corona render is great until now. Thanks very much.
 I wish LightMix Setting Load is in Camera. So easy for Batch render.

2020-09-23, 17:56:35
Reply #2

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The fact that you can assign interactive rendering to a viewport is really nice. So well integrated in 3ds max. I'd love to see more development on this, such as being able to switch between render elements (especially to check the albedo).

I really like the checkbox "Dissolve with previous image" in version 6, which brings back the blending in interactive rendering. It's way easier to see changes in interactive mode compared to the big pixels of subsampling.

The interactivityness of changing postprocess and effects on the VFB is great, even while rendering (as opposed to the feeling of changing those settings in the camera and how it's not interactive once you're rendering, which makes having postprocess per camera useless to me).

Real time bloom and glare is great.

Choosing an object from the camera to set depth of field is way better than using the camera target. That one was really good.

Corona Scatter was truly awesome. But with no more development on it is hard to place it on a list like this one.

Corona Select as maps and materials is very useful and a very good addition in my opinion.
Corona multimap and uvw randomizer are great and powerful, and all the modes (mesh, instance, primitive) is just awesome. Anything that provides randomness to the workflow is welcome. Randomness is key for realism.
The mix map and the layered material are great.

Definitely the sun and sky are very good. In my opinion there's still room for improvement: For example, the intensity and size of the sun as it goes down could change automatically to give softer sunsets. Same as the color: the sun should be more orange when it's very low in my opinion.

Not a feature, but the fact that you take the time to write down tooltips on every feature is very nice.

The Albedo render element is great. What I think could be better is an element that shows better where adaptive sampling still needs to work to reduce noise. Fstorm has a really good one with Green color for areas that are within the threshold, red for areas that need more work and black for areas with no noise (or something like that).

Even though I don't use it as much, lightmix is great.

2020-09-23, 19:37:13
Reply #3

Giona

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • 3D - MTB - Photography
    • View Profile
    • Giona Andreani 3D Visualization
I would add the translucency feature of the corona material. I remember that years ago I switched from Vray to Corona also due to that feature. It's much easier to setup realistic foliage in my opinion.

2020-09-23, 21:46:57
Reply #4

Simon George

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2020-09-24, 07:30:57
Reply #5

Zorian

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That's it opens the possibility for helping us creating the new Blender exporter.

2020-09-24, 12:07:47
Reply #6

Viarde

• Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for asking the opinion of users. We have a problem, maybe you could take it into account in the future.

When we render the interior with a noise level of 2.0 the whole image looks great and no noise. Some objects, however, look quite noisy. They have rather complex reflex materials. And it turns out that the noise in these places goes away more slowly. To make them look great, we will need to set the noise level to 1.0 or so. Perhaps there is such an opportunity to make an additional calculation of the noise level for individual objects or materials? Or is it the ability to send twice as many rays to them for better rendering?

2020-09-24, 14:56:42
Reply #7

sebastian___

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You forgot to add the so called superior or pleasant typical Corona lighting or rendering. I would have voted that.
And also the ease of use.

2020-09-24, 17:17:20
Reply #8

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
You forgot to add the so called superior or pleasant typical Corona lighting or rendering. I would have voted that.

That would be something like "rendering algorithms" or "lighting simulation", but we could as well just call that "Corona Renderer". :)

The poll is more about specific features than the way they are implemented or the outcome of using them.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-09-24, 19:51:02
Reply #9

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
The poll is more about specific features than the way they are implemented or the outcome of using them.

To me it's the most prominent feature of Corona.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-10-07, 08:17:50
Reply #10

triget

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I chose DR, but the most important in the future seems to be GPU, like Vray, Arnold, Redshift, Cycles.... ;((((

2021-01-06, 13:09:11
Reply #11

Avan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It would be great to see an extended version of corona MatLib to store pre-created materials. I think it is said a million times but just wanted to mention it anyway :)