Author Topic: Railclone and multi-texture  (Read 2786 times)

2015-11-10, 13:53:38

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Are these not supported in Corona? Having issues where my railclone is only randomizing the edge rows and columns.

Railclone documentation says to simply add a material node and randomize the ID to match the amount of bitmaps being used in multi texture. Then make sure that multi texture is using material ID. Both of these have been done and the center mass of my model uses just 1 texture and only the edges have random IDs. Can't get this to work, can anyone else use rail clone LITE and multi texture together?

2015-11-10, 14:02:30
Reply #1

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
just found a checkbox "use instancing engine" the documentation doesn't mention this but by turning it off i can get the random material IDs on the whole object not just the edges. Not sure if this will cause problems rendering larger scenes.

2015-11-10, 14:32:03
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
This surely will cause problems on large scale scenes, because it effectively turns out instancing.

At the moment advanced features like random materials ID together with instancing, are supported only by Vray, AFAIK. IIRC Itoo promised that support for Corona will be added too.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures