Author Topic: Corona + Backburner  (Read 3222 times)

2016-04-05, 11:37:37

Iso 88

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

Just wanted to know how you are using back burner with the progressive mode.

Do you rather set a fix amount of passes or a time limit when you send it to your farm?
I came across the issue that if you do not set any of the above and you decide to manually go on your nodes to stop the rendering process, you would not be able to save your image? (Unless you set a path before to sent your job to the farm maybe?)
Is there any possible way to play around with the Iso and shutter speed on a node or do you have test render it on your workstation before to send it to the farm?
Also, the Corona VFB doesn't automatically update on my nodes, I have to play around with the Color Map values to refresh the image, if that make sens...? Normal?
Yes, some random questions...

Thanks

Alex

EDIT: Is there any possible way to play around with the Iso and shutter speed on a node or do you have test render it on your workstation before to send it to the farm? CoronaCameraMod is probably a good start
« Last Edit: 2016-04-05, 12:49:39 by Iso 88 »

2016-04-06, 11:52:22
Reply #1

DanGrover

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You'll want to set a pass limit - otherwise you'll likely get different numbers of passes on different machines, even if they're the same hardware. In our farm we have some machines (dual 6-core xeon's) that are literally 3x faster at rendering than others (4-core i7) and if they both just rendered for 1 hour, you'd get vastly different frames.

2016-04-09, 12:45:34
Reply #2

Iso 88

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes that what I started to do.
Thanks for your answer.

Alex