Author Topic: WIP advice  (Read 4305 times)

2019-06-28, 00:19:10

daveclive

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey peeps,

would love to get some advice on improving this scene.

It's going to be an animation, the camera tracking from left to right close to ground, with the chair shifting focus from the wooden floor at the front to the chair towards the end.
(see frame A for a frame near the start and frame B for one at the end)

The overall aim is for product viz on the chair. Creating a elegant mood setting and making the viewer want to sit in that chair and read a book.
Studio environment shots of the chair will accompany this animation, including close ups, infinite environments studio shots etc so that's not the point of this as it will be covered elsewhere.

Not sure what else to do to improve the scene or if it's any good at all and should change the room layout etc.

I've tried using a HDRI for lighting but the corona sky & sun seems to light it nicer

Any advice would be great

2019-06-28, 02:24:38
Reply #1

Ealexander

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • evan alexander
My $.02

It feels like it is all about the floor, not the chair - I know the close ups are separate - but the floor is pulling a lot of focus.

Floor look like it needs a bump map for the plank breaks - grain looks good, but it looks like a solid sheet, instead of planks.

Picture frames on the right side wall look very thin - I would beef those up a bit.

Glossy bits on the wall texture might be a bit too glossy.

Curved metal support on the chair is very noisy - pulls focus.

Hanging cables/apparatus for the chair - can barely see it and so it looks like a mistake.

You could play with some contrasting warm light hitting the chair from the left side - as if a lamp is around the corner to give it some contrast - overall the tone of the images is very cool and low in contrast.

Where the baseboard meets the floor looks a bit off, but not clear whats up there.

Bump on the blanket is really high (or maybe that is just noise?) - but it looks like a terry cloth towel and not a nice blanket.

Hope that helps some.

e.
« Last Edit: 2019-06-28, 02:28:34 by Ealexander »

2019-06-28, 03:39:31
Reply #2

daveclive

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Ealaxander.

Helps alot

2019-07-02, 15:10:56
Reply #3

iamjens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • iamjens.net
Hey peeps,

would love to get some advice on improving this scene.

It's going to be an animation, the camera tracking from left to right close to ground, with the chair shifting focus from the wooden floor at the front to the chair towards the end.
(see frame A for a frame near the start and frame B for one at the end)

The overall aim is for product viz on the chair. Creating a elegant mood setting and making the viewer want to sit in that chair and read a book.
Studio environment shots of the chair will accompany this animation, including close ups, infinite environments studio shots etc so that's not the point of this as it will be covered elsewhere.

Not sure what else to do to improve the scene or if it's any good at all and should change the room layout etc.

I've tried using a HDRI for lighting but the corona sky & sun seems to light it nicer

Any advice would be great

post post post ;-)

2019-07-02, 15:23:12
Reply #4

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey,

try to make real visible gaps between the wood floor beams.

Also to me the chair looks like a miniature - because the baseboards at the walls are very tall.

Try to use at least a bit of background, not that totally overlit window.
Because the attention will automatically go to the brightest spot in a scene.
As Ealexander already said: the pictures on the wall are too thin.

Maybe rethink the composition & the perspective a bit according to: "what do I wand to tell". At the moment it´s a "mouse-perspective".

« Last Edit: 2019-07-02, 15:28:19 by Designerman77 »