Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 daily build  (Read 207077 times)

2017-12-09, 14:55:50
Reply #960

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
I only switched the projectors mapping to uv. I didn't change anything at the uv level. The flat projection that was in before would have worked too but the text was also projected on the back side, that's why I chose that method.

2017-12-09, 15:27:28
Reply #961

chuzhirui

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yes, i got you. Projector Shader's uvw projection's reault is right.

now,Projector Shader's flat projection,cubic projection's reault is wrong,

sometimes flat and cubic projection in viewport can quickly see the result,and quickly modify the scale. offset. position.....in the viewport,  so i often ues them:)

« Last Edit: 2017-12-09, 15:36:15 by chuzhirui »

2017-12-11, 12:22:27
Reply #962

Kost4d

• Active Users
  • Working and Learning Hard
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
Hi! This is very difficult post for me.

BUT!

Now I must admit that you guys underestimate potential of such a great software as Cinema 4d is!
Look at all this - glitches, crashes and so on. And the speed? Where is the speed? I was so tired of it all that I had to turn to 3dsMax + Corona!
And you know what? Corona for 3dsMax works amazing! It feels like two different renderers are used.

How can it be? Is the C4d so difficult to integrate in? We all thank you for letting us be testers of a free (even for commercial use) versions, but that is enough of me personally.\

I am very disappointed.

2017-12-11, 14:33:47
Reply #963

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile

BUT!

Now I must admit that you guys underestimate potential of such a great software as Cinema 4d is!
Look at all this - glitches, crashes and so on. And the speed? Where is the speed? I was so tired of it all that I had to turn to 3dsMax + Corona!
And you know what? Corona for 3dsMax works amazing! It feels like two different renderers are used.

How can it be? Is the C4d so difficult to integrate in? We all thank you for letting us be testers of a free (even for commercial use) versions, but that is enough of me personally.\

I am very disappointed.

Hi Kost4d!

Trust me when I say that we are sorry that you feel disappointed. We are certainly not underestimating C4D's potential, but the development for C4D is not very straightforward and a lot of the stuff that we are trying to implement is undocumented. This fact coupled with our aim for tight integration into C4D makes some releases less ideal than you or we would like.

When you are comparing the C4D version to the 3DS version, you have to understand that the Max version has been under development for longer than the C4D version, which means that it's fully-featured and more stable, but on the other hand it's not available for free.

Another important thing to note here is that the current releases are only daily builds, which means that bugs and instability are to be expected. See this thread for more information if you are interested about various version differences: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=16380.0
Basically, using the daily build version is risky and it's only recommended for users, who want to help us make Corona better. That said, if you encountered some bug that is not reported yet, it would help us very much if you created a bug report so that we can fix it.

If you really decide to switch to 3DS, we hope you'll be willing to try the C4D version again when it's finally released.

With kind regards, the C4D team!

2017-12-11, 15:20:28
Reply #964

Kost4d

• Active Users
  • Working and Learning Hard
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
Thanks 4 undertstanding! I'm waiting for stable versions! Good luck 2 u in your work!
« Last Edit: 2017-12-11, 16:10:20 by Kost4d »

2017-12-11, 17:25:15
Reply #965

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
oh.sorry,i forgot texture.
here it is.

Thank you for the updated archive. I successfully reproduced your issue. The problem is that when Projector shader is used in Corona material the Position, Size and Rotation parameters doesn't work in render and this is the reason why the mapping is wrong. I am looking what is the cause of this problem right now.

Best regards
Nikola

2017-12-11, 22:51:30
Reply #966

Ealexander

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • evan alexander

BUT!

I am very disappointed.

Hi Kost4d!

Trust me when I say that we are sorry that you feel disappointed. We are certainly not underestimating C4D's potential, but the development for C4D is not very straightforward and a lot of the stuff that we are trying to implement is undocumented. This fact coupled with our aim for tight integration into C4D makes some releases less ideal than you or we would like.

When you are comparing the C4D version to the 3DS version, you have to understand that the Max version has been under development for longer than the C4D version, which means that it's fully-featured and more stable, but on the other hand it's not available for free.

Another important thing to note here is that the current releases are only daily builds, which means that bugs and instability are to be expected. See this thread for more information if you are interested about various version differences: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=16380.0
Basically, using the daily build version is risky and it's only recommended for users, who want to help us make Corona better. That said, if you encountered some bug that is not reported yet, it would help us very much if you created a bug report so that we can fix it.

If you really decide to switch to 3DS, we hope you'll be willing to try the C4D version again when it's finally released.

With kind regards, the C4D team!

I think you guys are kicking serious ass and it's appreciated.  I can't imagine what it takes to get it all working and in order.  Don't get discouraged - there are people out here with you for the long haul.  Thank you.

2017-12-12, 12:33:33
Reply #967

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
some guys dont understand this is a alpha realease, we are still testing the software!!.... keep the good work corona team!

2017-12-12, 20:26:14
Reply #968

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Agreed! Corona for C4D is amazing and yes it has bugs it's in development! I've been using it in production for over a year now... Keep it up guys! Can't wait for hair support :)

- Shawn

oh.sorry,i forgot texture.
here it is.

Thank you for the updated archive. I successfully reproduced your issue. The problem is that when Projector shader is used in Corona material the Position, Size and Rotation parameters doesn't work in render and this is the reason why the mapping is wrong. I am looking what is the cause of this problem right now.

Best regards
Nikola

2017-12-12, 21:12:53
Reply #969

johnnyswedish

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Forum!

Yes, I can't agree more... HAPPY CHRISTMAS CORONA TEAM!!!! Just making a Xmas card for a client using hair which does not work... but I find a way around it... :-) John

2017-12-13, 20:36:52
Reply #970

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if this is a bug or something on my end and before I create a topic in the bug section, I wanted to ask.

When I open any scene where I used the layer shader, (no fancy projector shader used) and just hit render, the VFB is stuck is "preparing the scene".
I can only force-quit as it doesn't start doing anything, even after 15 minutes.

But when I let the material refresh in the mat. editor or recompute all materials, everything's working fine.

Can someone confirm this? (latest build)

2017-12-14, 00:11:06
Reply #971

menano

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if this is a bug or something on my end and before I create a topic in the bug section, I wanted to ask.

When I open any scene where I used the layer shader, (no fancy projector shader used) and just hit render, the VFB is stuck is "preparing the scene".
I can only force-quit as it doesn't start doing anything, even after 15 minutes.

But when I let the material refresh in the mat. editor or recompute all materials, everything's working fine.

Can someone confirm this? (latest build)

I am also getting stuck at "preparing the scene" very frequently, haven't figured out what causes it, but I am not using any layered shaders

I will try to figure out more tomorrow

2017-12-14, 18:32:45
Reply #972

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-12-14, 19:53:33
Reply #973

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi all,

the next daily build (2017-12-14) of Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 is out.

Download link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7xyYS3daSJ7V3BJZWlMR2EzUG8

Changelog:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=15602.msg116661#msg116661

Awesome work on the material stacking feature! Game changer! ;) Good work lads.
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2017-12-14, 19:57:50
Reply #974

menano

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great update on paper, thanks for the new features!

Unforunately in the project I'm currently working on I literally can't render anything on VFB, crashes every single time, no matter what I do. After 'Preparing scene data' for a while C4D just disappears

Rolling back now, but please don't get discouraged! I am loving the progress and I know these set backs are nothing but normal