Author Topic: using the Pulze scene manager w. Corona. Lightmix script help?  (Read 2145 times)

2020-01-23, 12:05:08

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
Hi guys

I'm trying out the Scene Manager from Pulze aka Brick. So far so good. It's a nice way to set up multiple views in the same file. I was wondering if it would be possible to do a script that will load a specified postprocess and lightmix conf file? Then I could setup each view to load that on a per camera basis. Instead of having to go in and browse and load manually.

Anyone tried that or could help w. a script for it? Pulze support says they don't have access to the VFB and are talking w. Corona devs. But I wonder if this also applies for scripts?

Also, how are you guys using lightmix for scenes where you have more than one view? Here I'm thinking of renderpasses getting messed up if you don't apply lightmix settings to scene and rerender. That is however not a possibility when doing multiple views w. different light in a scene.
« Last Edit: 2020-01-23, 13:44:56 by Jens »
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2020-01-23, 14:56:25
Reply #1

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
But I wonder if this also applies for scripts?

While it's true that there is no interface support for loading/saving *.conf files atm. (you would have to parse them manually and alter vfb parameters accordingly), you can access (almost) all VFB parameters by script. They are "just" renderer properties named "colorMap_*". You may look at the "Let's tweak it!" button; it stores and restores VFB parameters (including lightmix) as an example. But you should/could do at least all the tone mapping stuff in the camera(s) anyway (?).

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2020-01-23, 15:34:13
Reply #2

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
hey Frood! Ha! I was just going through that thread and saw you were doing something with reverting back to prev lightmix so that got my hopes up! My max script knowledge is however more or less 0, but the nice support guy from pulze offered to cooperate on a script. Is it ok I send him your script and what you just stated? That may get the ball rolling :)
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2020-01-23, 16:26:15
Reply #3

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Yes, sure. No magic inside (except Corona one:)

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2021-12-10, 17:44:24
Reply #4

Ink Visual

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hey Frood! Ha! I was just going through that thread and saw you were doing something with reverting back to prev lightmix so that got my hopes up! My max script knowledge is however more or less 0, but the nice support guy from pulze offered to cooperate on a script. Is it ok I send him your script and what you just stated? That may get the ball rolling :)

Hey Jens,
Any success with writing the script or finding an alternative solution to the problem described in your original post?
We're looking for ways to automate the process with saving different lighting setups too.
Many thanks!