Author Topic: REBUS RenderFarm  (Read 170679 times)

2015-09-02, 06:48:49
Reply #105

timkirkhope

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Completely unreliable, I have been sending support requests as my jobs crash and burn.  I would not trust this new rebus drop software that was released, since they implemented it I get 1 in 4 renders actually working, just lost a big client and my jobs are frozen in the server while the server continues to charge me.  Just don't rely on it actually working is my advice. 

2015-09-02, 09:29:25
Reply #106

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Completely unreliable, I have been sending support requests as my jobs crash and burn.  I would not trust this new rebus drop software that was released, since they implemented it I get 1 in 4 renders actually working, just lost a big client and my jobs are frozen in the server while the server continues to charge me.  Just don't rely on it actually working is my advice.

Same thing here unfortunately. 24 out of 25 rendernodes were complete and it got stuck on the last one that was frozen. Result was no image and a waste of time (and money)...Not sure if it's Corona dependant, but I don't rely on it anymore since I have had constant problems with their deadline service.

2015-09-02, 17:04:03
Reply #107

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
So what are you using as render farm now?? im looking for options for this..

2015-09-03, 17:15:12
Reply #108

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I got one issue out of 100 scenes I uploaded, so for me it's still pretty much perfect. (though I didn't even get reply for that scene ticket). Can't imagine better solution than this, haven't see anything this level of automated. Anything more than two clicks and I am out.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-09-04, 05:01:01
Reply #109

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I got one issue out of 100 scenes I uploaded, so for me it's still pretty much perfect. (though I didn't even get reply for that scene ticket). Can't imagine better solution than this, haven't see anything this level of automated. Anything more than two clicks and I am out.

Yeah very few issues here too and I love how easy Rebus is to use. I have sent 2 tickets total, one for a real issue and one was just me panicking due to a deadline and the progress bar being seemingly stuck at 99% for a bit too long :) Got replies in less than half an hour both times, the one with the real issue got refunded no questions asked.

2015-09-04, 13:23:36
Reply #110

Rebus farm

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Same thing here unfortunately. 24 out of 25 rendernodes were complete and it got stuck on the last one that was frozen. Result was no image and a waste of time (and money)...Not sure if it's Corona dependant, but I don't rely on it anymore since I have had constant problems with their deadline service.

A hung node can happen but I think your issues was another one.
(sidenote: a hung node is not charged in case the farm manager or one of the admins detect it)
If you have big resolution and much render elements the total output data is a lot - the last step of distributed render is to combine the image.
That happen with one PC only for technical reason - it can take up to 20min and more if you have 20 render elements or a 2gb exr
The controll center show 99% progress and the last 1% just take long - it looks hung but its not !
A short message to our support and we answere immidently.

its always the same
Much user love Rebus (otherwise we whould be the market leader) since it work flawless but that user never or rarly report something in to forum
The few user with issues start flame postings or shitstorms and blame Rebus to be the worst farm in the world. Insteat helping us to isolate the issues they duck and cover.
No system can run 100% - rendering just too complex to archive that. Comparing to other farm is Rebus lightyears further. 99% of all jobs we do are hasselfree and fine with just 2 mouse clicks - the last 1% matters.
KimDirkHope - we had much email communication. I wonder to find your posting here since we not yet found the answere for your problem.
I isolated the matter down to your lights in the scene and I asked you to send a few test to farm to track down the matter more deeper.
My render at 40 passes must be the same qualtiy to yours. Without your help I never can find the reason.
« Last Edit: 2015-09-04, 13:28:55 by QuakeMarine1 »

2015-09-04, 14:41:01
Reply #111

arqrenderz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Hi quakeMarine, i was trying the 10 credits bonus in a corona scene, i wanted to know how much 10 credits would be, i set up it to 9.75 credits or 800 pases , but in the end i ended with -1.xxx credits and couldnt download the image for this reason, i thought it would stop at the credits number i specified... so i can get to know more about this render option..

2015-09-04, 15:24:07
Reply #112

Rebus farm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
what was your username or jobname at rebus ?
« Last Edit: 2015-09-04, 15:28:12 by QuakeMarine1 »

2015-09-04, 17:37:11
Reply #113

arqrenderz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Hi my username is daniel266, i have a few issues loading the scene, in the end i needed to clear a bymp map to load the project.

2015-09-04, 18:17:48
Reply #114

Rebus farm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I not have your job anymore
I resetted the RP for your account - try again plse and report back

2015-09-04, 20:52:10
Reply #115

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile

A hung node can happen but I think your issues was another one.
(sidenote: a hung node is not charged in case the farm manager or one of the admins detect it)
If you have big resolution and much render elements the total output data is a lot - the last step of distributed render is to combine the image.
That happen with one PC only for technical reason - it can take up to 20min and more if you have 20 render elements or a 2gb exr
The controll center show 99% progress and the last 1% just take long - it looks hung but its not !
A short message to our support and we answere immidently.

I believe it was a 4K render with no render elements. I left the last node render for about 40 minutes seeing the credits got lower and lower even though the set amount was already reached. A few days later I contacted RB and a frozen node was confirmed and my credits were reset (thanks for that). Unfortunately I missed the deadline...

For now I try to render the images with my own resources but would really benefit from Rebusfarm. I'll definitely come back to try again because it's a very clever setup within MAX.  Just my 2 cents.

2015-09-05, 17:05:19
Reply #116

arqrenderz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Many thks Quake Marine, this time i will set it up to 9 render points , will left 1 RP just in case, i will try on monday at the office, My internet sucks for that matter at my house.
Will report later :)

2015-09-06, 12:19:49
Reply #117

Cyanhide

• Active Users
    • View Profile
My only real gripe with Corona is the renderpoint system.
when I render image I set the image to 220 render passes and 22 renderpoints. ( so  I expect not to spend more then 22 points )
For some reason most of the time its going under the 22RP and i'm forced to buy new points.

Their customer service is really awesome, but I also do agree that their recent builds have been buggy to say the least.
All in all, its a service I couldn't live without.

2015-09-06, 12:31:37
Reply #118

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
its always the same
Much user love Rebus (otherwise we whould be the market leader) since it work flawless but that user never or rarly report something in to forum
The few user with issues start flame postings or shitstorms and blame Rebus to be the worst farm in the world. Insteat helping us to isolate the issues they duck and cover.
No system can run 100% - rendering just too complex to archive that. Comparing to other farm is Rebus lightyears further. 99% of all jobs we do are hasselfree and fine with just 2 mouse clicks - the last 1% matters.
KimDirkHope - we had much email communication. I wonder to find your posting here since we not yet found the answere for your problem.
I isolated the matter down to your lights in the scene and I asked you to send a few test to farm to track down the matter more deeper.
My render at 40 passes must be the same qualtiy to yours. Without your help I never can find the reason.

Look, I love your service and find myself relying on it more and more but you really need someone else to do the public speaking because the few times I´ve seen your outbursts on different boards you come across like a whiny b*tch and it´s not helping your brand. Nothing personal.

2015-09-07, 12:23:05
Reply #119

Rebus farm

• Active Users
    • View Profile

when I render image I set the image to 220 render passes and 22 renderpoints. ( so  I expect not to spend more then 22 points )
For some reason most of the time its going under the 22RP and i'm forced to buy new points.

I need some examples to have a look about plse.