Author Topic: wanting to exaggerate edges of exterior building  (Read 1734 times)

2017-09-25, 11:16:26

JEK5019

• Active Users
    • View Profile
good day all -

i have a design i've been busy with. just finished some interior renders - now starting the exterior.

to begin with - i'm not very experienced in exterior rendering. so it's gong to be an interesting journey! :)

this design - as you can see - has crazy, angular exterior. i am wanting to make the edges 'pop' more with he sun.

i've already moved the sun about - in affecting the edges (though the sun no longer correlates with the hdri background.)

does anyone have a suggestion? is there a trick i can incorporate?

any suggestions is greatly appreciated!!

regards -

jón

2017-09-25, 12:09:08
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Your sun is almost parallel with the camera view - of course it won't give interesting shadow play as all the shadows will be behind the objects that casts them. Try to be more creative with sun angle. Run interactive rendering and move sun's gizmo untill you'll find interesting angles. Also it could be good idea to use AO (better yet combination of several AO maps) on the wood material to simulate weathering effects and accumulated dirt. This will makes edges to stand out even more.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-09-25, 13:21:43
Reply #2

JEK5019

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thanks for this suggestion! great ideas - i'll update now.

the sun adjustment will be easy of course - but combining several AO's will require some tutorials :)

2017-09-26, 17:09:36
Reply #3

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
I would also add a slight bevel/chamfer to the edges or perhaps a very faint outline with CoronaWire.