Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] I need help!

Global Volume (Fog) reduces & removes Hdri Reflecions

<< < (2/3) > >>

mmarcotic:
Hi,

thanks for reporting. I confirm this a bug and will report it internally (Internal ID=802619014)

Jan

Anthe.cr3:
Okay, thank you Jan!

Greetings
Andrej

mmarcotic:
Upon further inspection, it is possible that this is incorrectly set up - The volume is rather highly set-up and it makes sense that the reflective material reflects the "fog" that is present.
If you increase the IOR in the material reflection tab to imitate more mirror-like surface, the hdri becomes visible again, as expected.

Thanks,
Jan

Anthe.cr3:
Hi Jan,

It does make sense that light travelling through fog becomes "weaker" by an amount, depending on the distance of the light source and the density of the fog, and thus the reflections get weaker-

But no matter how i set both the Absorption and Scattering settings, all the reflections from materials with an IOR of ~ 1.5 and less are eaten up to the fullest. Can Changing the settings of Absorption and Scattering make that stop? Because you mentioned that my previous test file might be incorrectly set up-

I know i could make the IOR value of the Materials higher, but it would be rather tedious when working with multiple materials on for example a car, to get a fog shot, just to change it back when going back to a "fogless" environment.

Down below i attached two reference screenshots of a Car in a Studio environment, that showcases the issue side by side.

The Glass, Tires, Plastic loose pretty much all, if not all of their reflections.

Thanks!
Andrej

TomG:
Reflections would take a double hit from volumetrics, as light would be absorbed both between viewer and object doing the reflecting, but then also from the object doing the reflecting to the object being reflected. Out of curiosity, what happens if the object being reflected is moved super close (just for test purposes)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version