Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] I need help!

How to extend / clip Bitmap

<< < (2/2)

Anthe.cr3:
Hi Jan, thanks for the response

I opened a second file just for trying out your tips- 

The Additional Mapping & Crop / Placement now makes sense for me, thanks for that tip! I could Place the texture freely on a geometry without it tiling.

Although the borders of the Normal map are still visible(see attached screenshot below).

I also made a Screenshot of how i can make it look in Blender, using the "extend Borders" mode for selected textures. With that function, the "clipped normal border" is not visible.

Hi BigAl3D, also thanks for this suggestion.

Unfortunately, since i am still very new to Cinema4D in general, i couldn't make this work. I probably missed something.

When creating a second material with the Porsche Normal Bitmap, and putting it right to the initial material with the Bump Bitmap, it just overrides the first (left) material completely.

I added a second material Tag, put it right to the first. I also tried checking "add material" box, but the first (left) material did not show below.

Thanks for both your help!

Anthe.cr3:
So is there no way of achieving the "extended border" Bitmap mode as in most render softwares?

mmarcotic:
As far as I know, no.

I will add it internally as a feature request.

Thanks,
Jan

Anthe.cr3:
Thanks Jan!

I believe that's a very useful feature that could be used in cases such as this-

Does the "Decals" feature ( i know it's currently not available in C4D ) have anything in common with this "bitmap extend / Border Mode" ?

Greetings
Andrej

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version