Author Topic: Corona Renderer 8 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 149523 times)

2021-10-12, 17:14:54
Reply #150

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
One more thing, it would be awesome to have a target for cdecol gizmo.

2021-10-13, 02:43:03
Reply #151

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Decals are amazing, I wish we had separate button at the Corona Toolbar for CDecal object and the ability to add corona displacement modifier on top of CoronaDecal object, or simple override displacement spinners in CDecal parameters itself

P.S. And maybe in the future it will be cool to have an opportunity to assign "Corona Decal Modifier" to a custom geometry with proper UV coordinates, creating a "projection shell" to project for example stitches on the fabric, using one long stripe of polygons, detached from the original mesh
« Last Edit: 2021-10-13, 04:14:16 by marchik »

2021-10-13, 04:30:34
Reply #152

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

2021-10-13, 06:42:22
Reply #153

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
^that's an interesting idea
The main thing that now we have the "projection" itself, now it can be developed into modifiers, proper displacement mixing in the CoronaLayeredMtl, mapping type "projection" guided by a helper object in the CoronaBitmap parameters and so on. In fact i'm so happy that it finally appeared, thank you guys! :D

2021-10-13, 06:46:11
Reply #154

henk95

• Users
    • View Profile
Why are the colors in corona color picker as if with the wrong gamma? I enter the color data (HSV) 147/51/53 and in the standard color picker - the color is what you need.
When I do the same in corona color picker, the color is dark. But if I add Corona Color Correct and enter gamma 2.2 into the frame instead of the standard 1.1, then the color matches.

It seems that the corona Color Picker does not put gamma 2.2 by default.
I don't know if it's a bug or I just didn't understand what I did wrong. But this has not been observed before. The colors in both color pickers were the same.

2021-10-13, 09:15:50
Reply #155

Feodor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In the latest build, Corona Image Editor does not load CXR, crashes when loading.

2021-10-13, 10:16:55
Reply #156

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
In the latest build, Corona Image Editor does not load CXR, crashes when loading.
Hi,

I just tried with a simple cxr and it worked fine. Can you send over your CXR file and we'll investigate.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-10-13, 10:38:08
Reply #157

karnak

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Why are the colors in corona color picker as if with the wrong gamma? I enter the color data (HSV) 147/51/53 and in the standard color picker - the color is what you need.
When I do the same in corona color picker, the color is dark. But if I add Corona Color Correct and enter gamma 2.2 into the frame instead of the standard 1.1, then the color matches.

I don't know if it's a bug or I just didn't understand what I did wrong. But this has not been observed before. The colors in both color pickers were the same.

To have gamma correction on the Default Color Picker you have to go to Customize > Preferences... > Gamma and LUT.
Settings:
Enable Gamma/LUT Correction = check
Gamma = 2.2
Affect Color Selectors = check
Affect Material Editor = check

The Corona Improved Picker instead uses the checkbox sRGB to determine whether the numeric values you enter must be interpreted with or without gamma applied. There is a tooltip with further explanation if you hover the mouse on the sRGB checkbox.
Corona Academy (May 2017)

2021-10-13, 10:42:36
Reply #158

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Wow! "Added cdecal object - projects a selected texture on any geometry"? I love it.
Thank you!

But could you please add the support to the "use real-world Scale" for maps in Mask source "From material" use?
One more thing, it would be awesome to have a target for cdecol gizmo.
Decals are amazing, I wish we had separate button at the Corona Toolbar for CDecal object and the ability to add corona displacement modifier on top of CoronaDecal object, or simple override displacement spinners in CDecal parameters itself

P.S. And maybe in the future it will be cool to have an opportunity to assign "Corona Decal Modifier" to a custom geometry with proper UV coordinates, creating a "projection shell" to project for example stitches on the fabric, using one long stripe of polygons, detached from the original mesh
Thanks for the feedback so far, glad you like the new feature. I have logged it in our system and we'll let you know when we have more information.

Meanwhile we have created a dedicated Decals playground where we would be really happy to see some examples and continue to discuss feedback there. https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=34613.0

Thanks!

Rowan

(Report ID=CRMAX-1046)
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-10-13, 10:57:34
Reply #159

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models

here's your answer (look at the attachment).
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-10-13, 10:59:48
Reply #160

Feodor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I just tried with a simple cxr and it worked fine. Can you send over your CXR file and we'll investigate.

Thanks,

Rowan

Hello Rowan.
When installing daily-2021-10-12 I stop opening all the CXR, that I have stored from previous versions of Corona, to the latest.
Installing daily-2021-09-30 everything works well.

Upload 1634116118_living-room02-004.cxr.
« Last Edit: 2021-10-13, 11:09:47 by Feodor »

2021-10-13, 11:06:09
Reply #161

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
someting like this?
+1
It's planed on trello: Geopattern

2021-10-13, 14:00:25
Reply #162

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, latest build crshes almost 90% of the time and keeps restarting, heavy and small scenes, cpu AMD 3990, 128 gigs ram, ill try to upload the scene.
We're experiencing some crashes with the latest build too, but not 90%. I'd say every 3-4th scene.
Hi Guys,

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, please could you provide a scene and some reproduction steps so I can replicate these crashes?

Instructions on how to do this can be found in my signature.

Running IR with the latest daily and for all these years I haven't seen the "v-ray" splotches.

We are aware of this issue and looking into it.

(Report ID=CRMAX-1036)

I don't want to derail the thread because users are reporting what appear to be very critical bugs, but I do want to chime in to request an update on tonemapping development. I believe tonemapping is unequivocally the next major feature update that users are interested expecting, along with tonemapping being nixed from the v8 release, but tonemapping has been absent from basically all of the latest daily builds over the last several months AFAIK(?)
Hi,

We are still working really hard on this, the reason it's not in the dailies yet is that it's not ready yet. Unfortunately I can't give you a timescale of when it will hit the dailies other than hopefully soon :)

Thanks,

Rowan

Hi Rowan, sorry for the late response, the scene tis the same i've uploaded before, had to go back to 7 to render it because it freezes continuously and it crashes ma with render, thins that didn't happened with 7, no extra memory consumption, actually it uses less than 80 gb of ram with displacement active, when i try to use latest build it crashes on interactive or it crashes when render, more than 200 gb of memory and no displacement active so its a huge difference of behavior.

if you need me to upload it again just let me know.
thanks.

2021-10-13, 14:30:56
Reply #163

henk95

• Users
    • View Profile

here's your answer (look at the attachment).

No, I tried turning on the srgb switch. Unfortunately, this does not solve the problem. Also gamma 2.2 is enabled in the settings, Affect color selectors/AFFECT Material editor are also enabled.

The colors in different color pickers differ, despite the fact that the above parameters are enabled. If you turn it off, there is an effect, but in the opposite direction, the colors become even darker.
I am almost sure that the exposed gamma 2.2 does not apply to the Corona Color Picker. That's why the colors exposed through it are darker. And if you add a gamma, 2.2, to the color displayed in Corona Color Picker, then everything becomes correct.

2021-10-13, 14:59:31
Reply #164

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Here's the proof that sRGB switch is working as intended. Just remember that you need to look at RGB values, not at HSV, because for some strange reason Corona shows the former with respect to sRGB switch, but the latter are always displayed in linear.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures