Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

Aerial Perspective Playground !

<< < (3/7) > >>

romullus:

--- Quote from: lupaz on 2021-06-25, 16:50:45 ---I haven't installed the new version yet, but here goes my question:
Is the sun intensity reduced automatically when the sun gets closer to the horizon? I hope it does, because with the 6.1 that doesn't happen and I manually need to lower the intensity with guess work based on the position of the sun.

EDIT: I know this might sound like a kid wanting more and more, but it would be great if that behavior happened with the sun

--- End quote ---

Not sure what you mean, because sun intensity is getting reduced when it gets closer to the horizon. It always did, since very beginning.

TomG:
Just to add that the actual Intensity parameter doesn't change, but the light color and intensity from the sun in the scene (at that Intensity setting) does indeed change, as in all the demo videos, tutorials, etc. You could share an example scene and result if you are not getting that effect.

lupaz:
Sorry. You're both right.
I guess I usually feel that artistically looks better with an even dimmer sunlight and larger size, increasing the penumbra faster. But that's my personal artistic choice I guess.
Thanks.

lupaz:
So what I was talking about is this.
See the photo attached please.
The skylight is still strong when the sun is low, but the sunlight is much dimmer. With corona sun and sky what I feel it happens is that both the sun and sky lights get dimmer together at the same rate
Probably the photo attached was an HDR, but still it looks closer to what the human eye would see.

I'm not expecting Aerial Perspective to give this result automatically, so you can disregard my "request". I just wanted to clarify and explain why I always feel I need to change either the intensity of the sun or the sky.

Also frequently I use two skies: One for lighting and reflections and one for background. This is for the same thing. When the sun is low, the reflections of the sky and the skylight in general feel too low in comparison with the sun.

Juraj:
No it really does work correctly, I was surprised myself how well. The previous model didn't (as good at all).

Of course, both get dimmer but not at same ratio which you can compare when you compensate exposure (and normalize it).
When comparing to photos or things you remember visually, you have to account for all the variables that happen. Dynamic range (of your eyes or camera), post-production, clouds in the sky, architecture & nature occluding and bouncing light, etc.

Right now, minus the existence of cloud simulation within the Sky model itself, it replicates the light almost exactly to reality.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version