Author Topic: Corona to Vray Converter script 2018  (Read 80127 times)

2018-03-20, 13:44:24

plasticmonster81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Guys,

I slightly rewrite the iCube converter script for people who are having issues with Corona AO errors and Corona IES lights.

The Corona AO material to Vray Dirt has an option of inverted normals in VRDirt which has to be manually added after conversion if it was used.

The Corona IES light conversion had issues with renaming the IES file so now if there was IES file added to the Corona IES, IT WILL BE REMOVED!!!
you have to manually add it again. I am still trying to figure out that line in the script to get that working again. So hold tight.

Another issue I ran into is if there is a hidden Corona Sun in the scene, the converter doesn`t know what to do with it. An unhidden Corona Sun converts without issues. Weird.

You can test it, let me know if there`s other issues. I am NOT by any means a MAX script guru but i had to tinker with it because a client needed the scene in Vray instead of Corona and it would`ve taken me days to fix the scene manually. It happens.....trust me, i don`t want to go back and forth but it is needed occasionally. All other parameters of the script are untouched from the 2014 iCube version.

You can download it from my website THIS ==> https://petermayer1981.wixsite.com/visualizingspaces in the FREEBIES section by clicking on DOWNLOAD FROM GOOGLEDRIVE

Cheers and keep on creating guys!
Peter Mayer

2018-05-16, 10:16:56
Reply #1

Okmijun

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2018-05-17, 15:11:16
Reply #2

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
wow THX! i know some day i will need this

2018-07-13, 17:23:04
Reply #3

MattCo

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Lightmap
I noticed that now with corona 2 the script doesn't work.
Any update for the new version?
Best

Mattia

2018-07-19, 17:21:06
Reply #4

plasticmonster81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry, i didnt test it with Corona 2. Will update it once i get my hands dirty with Corona 2

2019-08-17, 09:07:24
Reply #5

Okmijun

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry, i didnt test it with Corona 2. Will update it once i get my hands dirty with Corona 2

Did you update it yet, maybe?
oh, btw, the script is not possible to DL from your site anymore...could you please post it, again?
thanks!
btw, I've got some mail from some invisible user wanted this script, but mail was sent from "support@corona-render.com", obviously.
So, please post here all you wishes...
« Last Edit: 2019-08-17, 13:32:33 by Okmijun »

2019-08-17, 17:59:19
Reply #6

hussamk

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi all does anyone has Corona to Vray Converter script 2018 its not available on the website anymore.
if you can upload it or PM me that will be great
Thanks

2019-09-11, 18:56:41
Reply #7

plasticmonster81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, i have discontinued any tweaks to the script. It didnt support newer additions Corona 3 and above. Sorry guys.
I can suggest an alternative which is Multyconverter script on scriptspot. Search for it.