Author Topic: Corona 1.7 DR slave waiting for render start  (Read 9027 times)

2017-10-26, 02:23:26

desgraphics

• Active Users
    • View Profile
On a lot of our render farm servers its saying waiting for render to start under slave, and under master it says rendering. It just stays like this. I've tried reinstalled corona on my computer and the render nodes. Not sure what the problem is.

« Last Edit: 2017-10-26, 10:09:08 by maru »

2017-10-26, 10:13:10
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
1) Is this happening also with simple scenes? (one teapot, one light, one texture used)
2) Is this happening only with some specific scene? Is it heavy?
3) Can you send us all DR logs? https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000002065
4) Is the scene transferred from the master to the "working directory"?
5) What happens if you press the green arrow next to Max version?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-10-26, 21:38:04
Reply #2

desgraphics

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Where is the working directory?

2017-10-26, 21:53:26
Reply #3

desgraphics

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So it's on multiple scenes, of varying complexity. I can send the DR logs, it seems to happen at random times. When I press the green arrow nothing happens, we only have one version of max installed.

2017-10-27, 00:30:58
Reply #4

desgraphics

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The most recent render on this log came up with that error.

2017-10-27, 09:24:30
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
1) Is this happening also with simple scenes? (one teapot, one light, one texture used)
-?
-happens in scenes varying in complexity

2) Is this happening only with some specific scene? Is it heavy?
-happens in scenes varying in complexity

3) Can you send us all DR logs? https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000002065
-done

4) Is the scene transferred from the master to the "working directory"?
-working directory is printed in the dr server window

5) What happens if you press the green arrow next to Max version?
-nothing

---

The "max sample intensity" error should definitely not appear in 1.7. Further questions:
6) Are you sure that you have Corona Renderer 1.7 installed on all of the machines?
7) Are you sure that you are running DR server 1.7 on all of the nodes?

2017-10-27, 19:03:21
Reply #6

desgraphics

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yeah, i also uninstalled corona completely and then reinstalled 1.7

2017-10-27, 19:26:44
Reply #7

desgraphics

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It seems like some of the DR servers still think a job is rendering even after it has been canceled or completed and that leads to problems or that error.

2017-10-27, 19:46:28
Reply #8

twcg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We have the same problem on our farm with the 1.7... some nodes just stay with the "waiting for render to start" status while some some nodes are just rendering fine.
There are also 3ds max crashes from time to time on the rendernodes when rendering DR... All of those errors seem to occur totally random...

DR just feels a bit unstable right now... :/

2017-10-31, 14:49:20
Reply #9

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
It is hard to manage all of this in a single forum thread. Could anyone with this problem contact us using this form https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new with a good description what is happening, screenshots, and all DR logs? Here is how to get the logs: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000002065

2017-11-09, 09:40:05
Reply #10

hrvojezg00

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.as-soba.com
We are also having some DR issues, opened the ticket but hasn`t been solved yet. For some reason, all nodes are downloading all assets even though all have access to NAS. Render node window shows "Master status: not runing", but starts rendering after all assets are downloaded. Firewall and antivirus on all nodes are turned off, we are running out of ideas and its pretty frustrating. Any idea how to fix this?

2017-11-09, 11:45:50
Reply #11

zules

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGINEER
On a lot of our render farm servers its saying waiting for render to start under slave, and under master it says rendering. It just stays like this. I've tried reinstalled corona on my computer and the render nodes. Not sure what the problem is.

I've got the same pb with some of my slave (along with https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=18159.0 )
Jules GAILLARD

www.imagineer.fr

2017-11-09, 19:10:33
Reply #12

zules

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGINEER
Also :

See ND02 rendering but not rendering (0/0) compare to the other nodes.

But DRServer on the node ND02 through Remote control shows rendering status ok also...
Jules GAILLARD

www.imagineer.fr

2017-11-10, 08:23:49
Reply #13

naikku

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have had some similar problems and mostly this happens after I use DR and cancel the rendering at somepoint.
Then those DR servers go quiet and might not start to render again :/
I made a .bat-file which opens VNC-screens to all my five DR servers, then I just close DR servers and restart them.
No biggie.

Of course would be nice if the Corona VFB DR-tab would have some button which would close DR_server.exe from the farm computers,
then (maybe) wait 10s and restart them.

2017-11-10, 10:26:45
Reply #14

hrvojezg00

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.as-soba.com
Also :

See ND02 rendering but not rendering (0/0) compare to the other nodes.

But DRServer on the node ND02 through Remote control shows rendering status ok also...

I have exactly the same problem. Are your render nodes downloading all assets or are able to read it correctly? How long does it take nodes to start rendering?