Significantly faster DOF (Depth of Field) rendering
25 (5.4%)
Sketch/Toon/Stylized shader
29 (6.2%)
Dedicated CarPaint Shader
7 (1.5%)
Dedicated fabrics shader
27 (5.8%)
Lightmix extended to materials, textures, ...
27 (5.8%)
Interactive rendering in 3ds max viewport (with gizmos, object selection, manipulation, ...)
16 (3.4%)
Rendering memory usage improvements
16 (3.4%)
Speed of rendering improvements
42 (9%)
Speed of interactive rendering improvements specifically
31 (6.7%)
GPU/Hybrid rendering
88 (18.9%)
Stability improvements (bug fixes)
12 (2.6%)
Improvements to caustics
23 (4.9%)
Thin film/coating shader
5 (1.1%)
Parsing performance optimization (e.g. for animations)
40 (8.6%)
New and better frame buffer (docked and floating)
23 (4.9%)
Further improvements to Chaos Scatter
15 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Author Topic: The most wanted feature?  (Read 524783 times)

2018-06-23, 13:14:16
Reply #495

Kalopsia

• Active Users
  • Kalopsia Visual Studio
    • View Profile
    • Kalopsia Visual Studio
PBR! Cmon everybody! Sing it with me now! PBR!

Don't we already have PBR with the GGX Shader? What else do people need. If I remember correctly, Corona did even adopt glossy Fresnel before Vray.

As for the Albedo Warning, just create a MaxStart file with all the elements you use the most. Done.

I would rather want to see the new adaptive Dome inside Coronas Environment, so no portals anymore. That would be a nice thing.
While we are at it, some override so you can drag images into the Material Editor and they are Corona Bitmaps instead of the default Max bitmaps. That would be amazing.

As for Cryptomate, it would be great if you could use it inside of CIE and simply select colors and save masks.

And can we pleas get the Corona Frame Buffer to load the monitor ICC profile automatically or at least an option to do so like in Vray.

Oh, and stop deleting the history when closing a scene. I never understood the point here, why not leave it saved until you decide to delete the images.

I'll stop now before I get even more ideas XD
Rendering since 2014

2018-06-29, 02:05:11
Reply #496

Lord Kelvin

• Active Users
  • Pee is stored in the Balls
    • View Profile
People are confusing PBR Glossiness with PBR Metalness.

Corona has PBR glossiness, the current vote is for PBR Metalness workflow (PBR Style material (Disney, Unreal Engine, etc..)), something that Vray currently has.
It would be better to rename the vote to Metalness Workflow, or something like that instead of PBR.
Trust me, it's about 1000 times more convenient to generate a specular map than an IOR map. Specular maps specify the reflectance value in linear.

Diffuse roughness is the most important feature Corona is missing (hello fstorm), when it comes to photorealism. Every major studio knows this. The next best thing is to have an easy and convenient way to map reflectance values. PBR Glossines is not enough to emulate real world specular, we have to make IOR/Specular maps to fake depth. Specular maps are most convenient when it comes to real world scans.

The first problem is that there is no "Diffuse Roughness" in the Poll! This feature is like "Boar Vessel, 600-500 BC, Etruscan, ceramic", something that real men want, but never accomplish to get!
« Last Edit: 2018-06-29, 03:53:57 by Lord Kelvin »
Get back to work peasant!

2018-06-29, 13:45:56
Reply #497

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi Lord Kelvin, I have just pinged _the guys_ about the poll updates, and we'll see what can be done.
Side note: someone should definitely model that Boar Vessel. Or even better - scan it! It would make an awesome archviz easter egg.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-07-31, 18:20:17
Reply #498

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Removing Irradiance caching, it is never coming back, with the various denoiser options we have now
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-08-03, 16:43:06
Reply #499

actrask

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • actrask.com
Oh, and stop deleting the history when closing a scene

Oh my god, yes. Please keep my image history, I'll handle the storage.

Edit: And the size-mismatch thing in the VFB history can get a bit annoying. I assume that the intent is for pixel perfect A/Bing, so why not give an option to snap to preset resolutions (or similar)?
« Last Edit: 2018-08-03, 16:47:07 by actrask »

2018-08-09, 23:57:50
Reply #500

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can we add Corona version of Fstorm geopattern to the poll ?

2018-08-10, 09:48:24
Reply #501

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
added
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-08-10, 10:10:40
Reply #502

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-08-10, 10:39:21
Reply #503

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio

2018-08-10, 19:26:00
Reply #504

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Gosh it's so hard to narrow it down to 3 options, I always end up wanting 4 :)

2018-08-11, 12:46:05
Reply #505

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
added
thank you Ondra

Gosh it's so hard to narrow it down to 3 options, I always end up wanting 4 :)
same here, changed my vote nonetheless

2018-08-31, 11:10:05
Reply #506

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Any progress on this?

Refraction/Reflection working with masking render elements (CMasking_Mask,CTexmap, etc...)

This is a daily problem for surely pretty much everyone. Would be a huge, huge productivity booster.

How about, if it's not accurately solvable (as in, not feasible), a work-around - a switch to say, ignore all refractive materials in this mask element? Not unlike your material override refraction switch. Same principle...
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2018-09-13, 17:53:30
Reply #507

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Any progress on this?

Refraction/Reflection working with masking render elements (CMasking_Mask,CTexmap, etc...)

This is a daily problem for surely pretty much everyone. Would be a huge, huge productivity booster.

How about, if it's not accurately solvable (as in, not feasible), a work-around - a switch to say, ignore all refractive materials in this mask element? Not unlike your material override refraction switch. Same principle...

It works in fstorm now i believe so it must be achievable

2018-09-13, 22:43:00
Reply #508

Benny

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm so happy with Corona, but the following three features would make it unbeatable:

1) GPU/Hybrid - I'm now starting to feel that if Corona isn't announcing plans for the future here I'm getting worried. I'm due to building a new machine next year or so and spending my hard earned money on GPUs seems to be a better bet than multi core CPUs

2) Completely automatic import of Vray models and scenes. Still ways to go.

3) Fstorm LUTs - not sure what they do with their color mapping, but I want it!  ;)

2018-09-14, 08:42:36
Reply #509

WAcky

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For me it's still a robust and more 'flexible' aerial perspective and/or volume fog solution in corona.