Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

problem with mapping, bump, light....

(1/2) > >>

alekba:
I caught a bit of time to again try Corona render, again I made ​​a scene from scratch. But again problem with bump maps... intensity is 0.001 and it's still too hard? Same for reflection,  must have very low values. Corona sun and sky..... they also have a weird setup. In Cinema internal renderer and Vray, never mess with default. In Corona default is too strong, because I have to go to the value of 00:15, setting the camera on a completely unrealistic values ​​etc. I lost a few hours of fighting with this nonsense, constantly  making test renders, to see  result.
  Then for the grand finale I have a problem to put ordinary image on disk, whatever do, whichever way mapping applied, get unusable results.  Test in AR and Vray is fine.
I give up, I'll finish this in another render, and wait for Alfa 2-3-4
http://i.imgur.com/qEbgVji.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TPsgCpW.jpg

koldi:
Quoting Adam ...C4d Corona is for brave ones now. I'm struggling with uv mapping to selections and not oonly either. For hdrs (-5 exposure) and sun it takes some time to find best values. So far least troubles gives me interior shots, bump is usually like 0.01-0.002 depending on material distance from camera.
Cheers

alekba:

--- Quote ---C4d Corona is for brave ones now
--- End quote ---
eh... this is some kind of joke right?
Mapping problem is strange, probably bug or something like that.  Corona promise, have own look, but this is early state. I hope the Corona team in future releases do something about these strange settings.  Corona is made a good start, exlude / include options for light, sky, hair is supported to some extent etc., the list will surely grow with time. Some of these things are not yet in Vray for C4D, and he is developing for years.

mp5gosu:

--- Quote from: alekba on 2014-10-22, 00:42:20 ---Mapping problem is strange, probably bug or something like that.  Corona promise, have own look, but this is early state. I hope the Corona team in future releases do something about these strange settings.  Corona is made a good start, exlude / include options for light, sky, hair is supported to some extent etc., the list will surely grow with time. Some of these things are not yet in Vray for C4D, and he is developing for years.

--- End quote ---

Mapping is bugged, as there are quite a few very major bugs. All of these bugs are tracked in the bug tracker and are usually quickly assigned to the corresponding dev.
If you feel uncomfortable using a software in alpha state - don't use it, wait for the final product.
And of course you have to keep in mind that Vray for C4D is just a "Bridge" to the integrated Vray Core (which is developed by Chaosgroup), so Laublab doesn't have possibility to make changes to the core.
This is where Corona has an advantage: Both, the Rendering core and the Bridge are being developed by the same people. That means that there will be a full feature set in upcoming releases.
Corona in 3Ds Max is pretty well working right now - as the C4D version will do one day... ;)

alekba:
.... I just said the same thing.
Corona team has an open mind, open for opinions, critics and nagging sometime :D They listen  their users, and that is the only real way to Corona become a great software. Therefore there is no need for faking a lawyer, with an attitude take or leave. I will continue tests on smaller scenes, after all I have already recommended Corona to some C4D users.
cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version