Author Topic: Corona Scatter missing Materials  (Read 3812 times)

2014-07-28, 18:51:35

rhinocero

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I submitted a number of renderings to the rebusfarm yesterday, some of the corona scatter objects are missing its materials and render dark gray. Does anyone has an idea why is this happeing and if there is a solution?

Thanks

2014-07-28, 19:38:44
Reply #1

Rebus farm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Keymaster did you got my PM with the scene and bug report ? since i not see it in my "sent" PM

2014-07-28, 20:09:32
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
yes i got it. I will look, but dont know when
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-07-29, 09:51:08
Reply #3

rhinocero

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think that I found a solution, or the problem if you wish. The corona scatter objects were generated in Corona v6 and I am using 7 now, so the old scatter objects were deleted an new created. Seems to be working, or at least I am getting lucky because I submitted two low res tests and both came rendered right like they should.

Could it be that the scatter was changed in a way that could be generating this problem?

2014-07-29, 11:26:03
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
no, I've found out it is because some textures are used only on the scattered objects, that are hidden and displayed only via scatter - when you unhide source objects, it works. I will fix this in next release
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-07-29, 12:00:37
Reply #5

rhinocero

• Active Users
    • View Profile
There goes my debugging action, but good to know that the solutions is so easy.