Author Topic: Match Corona Camera with Fujifilm GFX 100S  (Read 782 times)

2023-04-09, 12:36:03

Image Complete

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
Hello,

I am pretty sure this has been asked and answered at the past many times, however, I cannot find it right now.
The question is simple. Does the setting of "Focal L. [mm]" requires the equivalent of 35mm (aka full frame) lens focal length?

I have to match photos taken from a Fuji GFX 100S wearing a 35mm lens. This lens is not actually a 35mm, as this number refers of what that lens would be if it was on a full frame camera.
GFX 100S has a crop factor of 0.79. This means that this 35mm is actually a 28mm lens. The sensor's width of GFX 100S is 43.8mm.

So the real question is: what should I put in Corona's Camera "Focal l. [mm]" and "Film width [mm]" to match 3d and real camera look?

Thanks!
Christos

We offer Visual Communication

2023-04-09, 13:25:33
Reply #1

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Film width is Sensor width in 3dsMax. So you can either use native 35mm Focal Length if you change Film Width to 44mm, or you use the equivalent 28mm Focal length with 35mm Full-Frame width.

I would go with adjusted Sensor Width to account for easier interpretation of DOF and Motion Blur.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2023-04-11, 02:21:14
Reply #2

Image Complete

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
Thank you very much for your answer!

Cheers!
We offer Visual Communication