Author Topic: Render marked takes to Picture viewer is not working anymore  (Read 1041 times)

2023-01-30, 14:11:35

Beck

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello

"render marked takes to pictureviewer" renders always the same take (the actually marked take) instead of switching trough all marked takes.

(Daily Build 2023-01-23)

2023-02-03, 17:19:17
Reply #1

John_Do

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Beck,

I have this issue too, it is here since Corona 9. There is a workaround, you have to set the C4D Picture Viewer as the default Framebuffer in Corona settings, like this :

2023-02-06, 11:37:09
Reply #2

Beck

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, thank you John.
I have this problem only since the last daily build 2023-01-23 (C4D R25). But i will try your workaround.

2023-02-06, 16:02:20
Reply #3

Beck

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This setting seems not to be the problem, because this was already set to "C4D picture viewer" in my corona settings.
Thank you anyway

2023-02-14, 20:45:11
Reply #4

John_Do

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can confirm, I had the issue today with Corona v9. In fact I had the two results, one scene where it worked and the other one it failed to change the active take. In the latter the marked takes were the children of a parent take, which itself is parented to the Main take. I don't have the time to dig further but it could be related to this.

2023-06-01, 23:41:20
Reply #5

John_Do

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I had this issue again tonight, before launching a big batch of renders. It isn't specific to Corona since the issue occurs with the basic Viewport Renderer too, and not hardware-specific since it happens on two different workstation.

Then a simple Google Search leads me too a post on Core4D forum from 2021 that confirmed that the issue is 01) old 02) on Cinema 4D side : 

(the post : https://www.core4d.com/ipb/forums/topic/115341-takes-system-bug/)

So I've ran a close inspection of the overriden properties in the Takes Manager, and after deleting just the following little f*cker, everything works again !

I don't know if the propertie was tied to a deleted camera, or maybe a deleted Corona Tag, but it seems that the absence of the original data / object / propertie lead to a bug that render the current take over and over ( as many times as there are marked takes if you use the related command ).