Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

Old bugs / shortcomings in Corona for C4D

<< < (2/4) > >>

jojorender:
Sorry, I should have been more clear. The solo node was not meant to turn off maps in IR / final render. It’s meant to just make a certain map visible in the viewport for easier mapping. So, what you are describing is effectively a “solo node in viewport” in max.

C4D - Besides IR, how do you QUICKLY map metal, glass, etc with bump/ roughness correctly in the viewport?

TomG:
Not having tried it in C4D, I thought it was "rather than display the result of combined maps, limit it to just showing one before the combination" whereas in Max it is "Cannot display the result of combined maps, pick which of the inputs you want to see because you can only see one". Even the second can be useful of course, and maybe that is all that happens in C4D too, you can only ever see one if something goes through a Mix or Layer or some other thing that combines maps - just so we understand what the request is, and see if the comparison is apples to apples between Max and C4D :)

jojorender:

--- Quote from: TomG on 2023-01-20, 18:43:57 ---Not having tried it in C4D, I thought it was "rather than display the result of combined maps, limit it to just showing one before the combination”
--- End quote ---
Not sure I understand what you are saying…
You never tried to map a corona metal material with a roughness texture and see the result in C4D viewport???

When you get a chance please bring “solo node” up with Nejc, he fully understands the importance of this feature!
He even requested this more than 1000 times ;-) in his pre corona-team days…
Solo node works in max and we need it to work in C4D too!

James Vella:
While I understand the request, do you not have a workaround?

For example in 3dsmax when we map things on UV Channel 2 there is no solo mode. So as an example if I want to blend materials using UV2 I have to copy the material, change it to UV channel 1, apply it as a base diffuse map to see what's happening in the viewport. When I see the change I expect I can switch everything back and hope that it renders correctly (which it does if I didnt mess something up) but my point is in this scenario we don't have a solo node for UV channel 2. Its just a workaround.

jojorender:
Hi James,
thanks for your input and yes of course I use workarounds but as I said “The workaround for this missing feature is very time consuming and makes the workflow for C4D users so much slower!”

This thread is not about the solo node, There are a number of things C4D users have asked for again and again over the years that just got forgotten/ ignored.
This is speculation, but I think it’s mostly because developers don’t really use Corona in a real life workflow, and why would they? It’s not their job, but it’s my job and everything that makes my everyday workflow faster is far more valuable to me than let’s say adding Chaos Scans.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version