Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

New pricing - "thank you" Chaos...

<< < (9/9)

davetwo:

--- Quote from: TomG on 2022-10-28, 19:59:09 ---
--- Quote from: mlon on 2022-10-28, 18:44:25 ---I didnt expect it to go sour this quickly after Chaos takeover

--- End quote ---

Reminders, fwiw - it's been 7 years since we merged. It was a merger, not a takeover. Price changes would be happening whether or not the merger had taken place. Just to keep the record straight :)

--- End quote ---

Nobody expects the price to stay the same Tom. I guess people are wary of some of the Chaos changes as they can be rather  chaotic. The communication wasn't done well and had errors.

frv:
@ BIgAI3D
Redshift is for free for CPU rendering and is developing fast.

@ Coronarender
I saw that Maxtree has recently updated all its assets to Octane & Redshift as well and they have updated all my previously purchased libraries for free. It used to be Vray & Corona only (apart from fbx) and the main reason for me to get into Corona. Would it not be very smart for me to move over to a much, much faster renderengine and pay much less or even nothing at all ?

fabrica:
No problems with a normal price increase, costs rise each year.

But the node-locked option is very poor, considering most people have a work and home computer. Why can't it be floating but only usable on 1 machine at a time (or limited to 2 computers?)
Seems to be the same on with vray, corona, enscape - so not expecting any change , but not impressed !

Stefan-L:
"Redshift is for free for CPU rendering and is developing fast. "

have you tried that?;) (cpu version is extremely slow, at least for now)

that said also not a friend of the node locked version, i think it should run on 2 pcs.(office and home pc)

frv:
Have done a few test with Redshift on a Mac. Seems to be ok. Bit not done any serious work with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version