Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

Advice on Creating Realistic Material from Physical Sample

<< < (2/3) > >>

BigAl3D:
That rug in the tutorial came out super nice. In my case, I will be provided with samples of actual rug. Not sure maybe 1'x1' or 2'x2'. The first round will be solid colors so I just have to get the texture close. From that video, I'm going to add subtle displacement and rounded edges first.

Thanks for posting that.

BigAl3D:
Here's another example using a carpet material from the Corona library, but also added a noise Displacer Deformer with the Zada noise. Adds a nice randomness, specially to the edges.

BigAl3D:
So as I mentioned earlier, I tested the depth map from my iPhone X and found it was good at large objects, but not so much small details. Turns out the new phones, 12 and 13 Max, have a actual LiDAR sensor. Two questions: has anyone tried using their new iPhone's LiDAR tech to create materials? Is anyone willing to send me a sample photo so I can test it by extracting the depth data?

Ealexander:
Could you find carpet materials you like in places like Poliigon or Turbosquid to get the right look for bump and displacement and then use a Corona decal to add the pattern/design to the carpet?

BigAl3D:
That might be a possibility. I just don't have the samples yet so don't know how easy that may be. That's why I was wondering about the LiDAR capabilities of the iPhone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version