Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

Advice on Creating Realistic Material from Physical Sample

<< < (3/3)

BigAl3D:
First off, thanks to all the suggestions on my quest to create rugs. @romullus for Adobe Substance Sample. It does a nice job. I took 8 photos with the light changing 45° each shot. Sampler takes it right in and gets a good base going. Then add some tiling, color equalize, etch and it looks great from sever virtual feet away. I would however, like to up my game and give us more options to get a little closer.

@jojorender That sample you provided is crazy good. I love the idea of the different layers made from separate objects. Simplifies everything. I can't seem to translate the Max hair settings into anything I can recreate though. I will keep digging around.

Now with Corona v9 out, any possibilities of using Scatter or Pattern to create a rug or carpet look?

I've attached a render using the Sampler workflow. At least as good as I've gotten so far.

Stefan-L:
such a carpet is very easy made via the q-tilepro plugin, direct in c4d and corona, which i think you have if i remember right?

no need for substance or other external apps in that case.
atm it looks flat and other issues

pattern is a way if you want to create it 3d, also an option but the borders might be a problem then.

if you need help u can mail me,...

Beanzvision:

--- Quote from: BigAl3D on 2022-10-17, 23:59:55 ---
Now with Corona v9 out, any possibilities of using Scatter or Pattern to create a rug or carpet look?

--- End quote ---

This may also help ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version