General Category > General CG Discussion

NEW AI that will replace all 3d modelers and texture artists

(1/2) > >>

timfaith:
Keep in mind this is not even in Beta form and the results are no where near complete to final form and it can only do single objects for now but in a year you will see full reverse engineering of interiors and exteriors from a couple sample images

aaouviz:
Yes, but do please keep in mind - this is beneficial only for instances where the physical object actually already exists AND is in possession by the person who wants to put it in 3d.

A MASSIVE component of 3d artistry is creating the UNBUILT world. Thus this has no relevance whatsoever.

A cool tool? Yes. A threat? No

romullus:
I agree with aaouviz, it might be a cool toy for lay persons and hobbyists, but nothing that would impress a professional who makes models for living. The fact that it's being developed by Nvidia, makes pretty safe to expect that its development will be dropped long before it will have a chance to mature.

aaouviz:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2022-07-20, 11:11:40 ---The fact that it's being developed by Nvidia, makes pretty safe to expect that its development will be dropped long before it will have a chance to mature.

--- End quote ---

oh, snap.

steyin:
From what I've seen of some programs using AI for zoning studies/massings, I have no doubt there will be less need for architects say 20 years down the road, never mind 3D renderers/visualization artists. Once AI can maximize profit for developers then its game over, or close to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version