Author Topic: Chaos Corona 9 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 42943 times)

2022-07-14, 14:40:32
Reply #15

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
1. Could it be because of viewport clipping, scene units, or the scene being far from origin? Crop box never disappeared for me when zooming in. Can you try with orthographic view and see if zooming very close to crop box make it disappear.

We've had discussion with Rowan about this and it seems like it's caused either because of my 3ds Max version, or more likely because specific issues with my OS. Thanks for looking at this nonetheless.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-07-17, 11:06:10
Reply #16

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona VFB won't change Tone Mapping parameters my typing digits and enter, works only by spinners

2022-07-18, 09:15:32
Reply #17

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Corona VFB won't change Tone Mapping parameters my typing digits and enter, works only by spinners
Hi,

This has already been reported and we are working on a fix. Please see my earlier message for a workaround..

In fresh DB I can't enter tonmapping values in VFB using the keyboard (see the attachment), after pressing enter, the values return to their original state, the spinner works as expected
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. It seems to be to do with the , delimter. As a workaround you can change the delimter in Windows to a . and it will function correctly. We hope to have this fixed soon :)

Cheers,

Rowan

(Internal ID=930143568)

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2022-07-29, 09:21:47
Reply #18

cgiout

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello guys, weird thing is happening with hdri map loaded into enviroment slot.
Setting corona bitmap U tiling to -1, the dome appears inverted into the enviroment (the same obviously with the value set to 1).
So corona dome projection and env dome projection are always opposite to each other.

2022-08-04, 15:11:27
Reply #19

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, where can I post feedback about Chaos Scatter?
CS losing instanced objects on Max's Batch rendering (CS instances clipped by camera in the option Camera Clipping - Enable Active render camera).

2022-08-04, 15:36:31
Reply #20

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, where can I post feedback about Chaos Scatter?
CS losing instanced objects on Max's Batch rendering (CS instances clipped by camera in the option Camera Clipping - Enable Active render camera).

In the dedicated Scatter section of the forum, e.g. the Scatter Max bug reporting thread is there at https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?board=55.0
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-08-04, 16:31:10
Reply #21

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2022-08-04, 16:44:08
Reply #22

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Most welcome!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-08-16, 16:27:07
Reply #23

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
Installed max 2023.1 today with the current corona daily (v9 aug 2). Is anyone else having issues with laggy performance when using the IR in the frame buffer and Forestpack? I get a lot of lag/hanging when trying to move the camera around while IR is active. Both with and without the fast preview denoise activated.

FP (v.7.4.3) is only around 400 trees on a flat plane. Nothing fancy.

If I hide the FP object, IR performes as I'm used to.

Can't share scene due to NDA. But can try and do a test scene tomorrow if needed.
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2022-08-16, 17:11:51
Reply #24

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Installed max 2023.1 today with the current corona daily (v9 aug 2). Is anyone else having issues with laggy performance when using the IR in the frame buffer and Forestpack? I get a lot of lag/hanging when trying to move the camera around while IR is active. Both with and without the fast preview denoise activated.

FP (v.7.4.3) is only around 400 trees on a flat plane. Nothing fancy.

If I hide the FP object, IR performes as I'm used to.

Can't share scene due to NDA. But can try and do a test scene tomorrow if needed.
Hi,

If you have a repro scene, I'd appreciate it. I will PM you a link to upload the files to me.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2022-08-17, 10:47:30
Reply #25

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform

Hi,

If you have a repro scene, I'd appreciate it. I will PM you a link to upload the files to me.

Cheers,

Rowan

I tried to recreate this in a new scene with exactly the same setup of proxies etc, but IR works fine here. It's only in the other max file the issues persist, so I will just continue work in the new file. Very odd.

*UPDATE* So just working for half an hour or so on the scene suddenly the IR performance went laggy again. But only with the simple FP object visible. I haven't added or changed anything, just moved camera around to find views. If I keep orbiting around with the camera (or just in perspective view) with FP visible, it freezes exactly every 3 seconds for exactly 3 seconds, then continues to orbit/move whatever I do for 3 seconds, freezes for 3 seconds. Repeat.

**UPDATE 2**
Disabling the "Limit to visibility" under Camera in the FP object fixed the IR issue - isn't this an old issue now I come to think of it?
« Last Edit: 2022-08-17, 12:26:35 by Jens »
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2022-08-17, 13:31:38
Reply #26

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
You may encounter one of the last remaining issues of Corona with ForestPack when it comes to IR. Just try:

- Save your (test-) scene having a single viewport (ALT-W)
- Load that scene
- Test -> all should work ok (even with "Limit to visibility" enabled, Itoo did a good job here)

now:

- Press ALT-W so that you have more than one viewport and press ALT-W immediately again
- Now nothing seems to have changed you may think. Then:
- Test -> Now Corona requests mesh rebuilds through FPP API at every change of view
- The scene is "dirty" now and you can only restore the original (correct) behavior by reloading it

You can verify what's happening by setting FPP logging to "Debug" and monitoring max.log. Itoo cannot explain why Corona does it.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2022-08-18, 20:00:11
Reply #27

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

2022-08-19, 04:35:35
Reply #28

somayrah

• Active Users
  • Less is more
    • View Profile
Hello,

I tried the new cloud system in the last update and the notes are as follows:

1- The sun does not cast shadow with the clouds.
2- The sun is not covered by clouds and it is always in the foreground.
3- The interactive renderer is very slow and does not respond quickly when the cloud system is activated, and if it is not it responds well.
4- The sun disappear sometimes when you change the clouds parameters or move it.
5- The sun dose not change intensity and color with sky on automatic mode.
6- Cirrus amount effect is not working as expected even with high numbers.
7- Rays total and actual and sample amounts with clouds on reduced by 200 to 250 %, so the render speed reduced by twice or more. as well as the noise level is get higher by twice.

Best,

« Last Edit: 2022-08-19, 05:27:12 by somayrah »

2022-08-19, 10:19:46
Reply #29

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
3- The interactive renderer is very slow and does not respond quickly when the cloud system is activated, and if it is not it responds well.
6- Cirrus amount effect is not working as expected even with high numbers.
7- Rays total and actual and sample amounts with clouds on reduced by 200 to 250 %, so the render speed reduced by twice or more. as well as the noise level is get higher by twice.

I didn't notice any significant difference in 3ds Max responsiveness when IR is running with clouds ON vs OFF. Rays/s and samples/s are about 20-25% lower and rendering takes about the same amount slower with clouds, which i find to be perfectly acceptable price for the clouds.

Cirrus amount control has dramatic effect on clouds appearance in my tests.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures